Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fun R. O. 's

DJPoLo

After shooting the 2005 USPSA Texas State Limited Championship and reviewing the video, there's lots of Range Officers out there who are just a blast to shoot around.

Here's some in no particular order: Alex W., Jerry K., Fred H., Bill P., Keith O., Troy M., Luv Lee...

There's still many more that I can't think of right now.

I make it a point to thank every RO, but some deserve much more.

Guys and gals: Thanks! B)

Gentle readers: Please add to the list...

-Chet

Edited by DJPoLo

At last month's local match, my name got called on a stage and I stepped up to the line. As a newbie (shooting USPSA since February) I was probably wide-eyed and breathing heavily. The RO apparently noticed something wrong with my routine. The exchange went something like this:

"Do you understand the course of fire?"

"Yes."

"If you understand the course of fire, DRAW AND TAKE A SIGHT PICTURE WITH THE EMPTY GUN, then load and make ready."

Another RO at the local steel match told me during a stage that I was trying to go too fast. I slowed down, started getting the hits, and after a few shots had sped up so I was shooting faster than before.

I appreciate the help immensely.

My favorite RO is always at nationals with rolled up sleeves and Gilligan hat. I don't know her name, but she's incredibly nice and easygoing, and always puts the shooter's needs first. Even if she needs your behavior modified, she's incredibly laid back about it.

My LAMR's are getting longer as my mental game improves and she just waits and waits... :)

Thanks, whoever you are.

SA

I do believe you mean Carla...She is incredibly nice. I honestly can't pick a favorite because all of the RO's I've come across have been so fantastic (and a lot of fun to talk to off the range). But if I had to have a bias it would have to be towards the lady RO's just because the range always needs more estrogen!

Edited by carinab