Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Atlas Gunworks High Grip Shielded Thumb Safeties – A Big Handed Shooters Dream!!!

CHA-LEE

I pulled together the below video to showcase the new Atlas Gunworks High Grip Shielded Thumb Safeties. If you have issues with bumping the safety back on with the heel of your support hand, or getting your thumb in the slide while shooting, these new Atlas safeties are the solution. These awesome safeties have solved both of those issues for me and I am sure it will help many others as well.

These “High Grip” safeties come in a few different versions (Ambi Shielded, Single Sided Shielded, and Ambi non-shielded) to suit whatever style of safety you need. As with any aftermarket safety it needs to be fitted to your 1911/2011 by a competent gunsmith to ensure reliable and safe functionality.

https://atlasgunworks.com/product/atlas-gunworks-high-grip-shielded-ambi-thumb-safety/

Edited by CHA-LEE

Can you post a close up picture of the safety on your gun? I like the look, I've ended up cutting all my safeties down so they are kind of thin so I don't dig my support hand palm into them.

These are the ambi shielded I picked up at area 7 this year. Phenomenal and I can get my big left Mitt high up on the frame. I ordered the single sided ambi today for my backup. $50!! Don't hesitate the atlas sale is crazy good. I bought a bunch of other things too. Reap the savings!d3057754325da464d9d67cb47e85a93d.jpg1e79d13f1180c9fa94f8734e7eebdfa1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Racinready300ex said:

Can you post a close up picture of the safety on your gun? I like the look, I've ended up cutting all my safeties down so they are kind of thin so I don't dig my support hand palm into them.

Here you go.... I also prefer to cut the width of the paddles down as I don't rest my thumb on the safety while shooting. I only need enough paddle width to flip it off reliably with either hand. The cool thing about these safeties is that the paddles come fairly wide in their standard configuration. The shooters who like to rest their thumb on them with their normal grip will like the width of the unmodified paddle. Or you can cut it back as far as you need to make it just right.

Left Off.JPG

Left On.JPG

Right Off.JPG

Right On.JPG

Thanks Charlie

We spend a lot of time on these safeties.  My hands don't ride the slide but the shielded feel so good they are my preferred option.  We only make the single sided in shielded for that reason.