Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ulitimate Fighter 2

Rikarin

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sandoz, shows how 2 people can have 2 opinions watching the same fight:)

I thought Diaz / Lawler was close, but Diaz winning before the KO. He controlled the fight, had Lawler fighting backing up. Diaz can have a beautiful JKD style about him while fighting standup, at times. Lawler? Heavy hands can always keep you in a fight.

I think Diaz is fighting Diego Sanchez from TUF 1 during the TUF 2 final show, no? That could be a great fight. I would pick Diaz, but depending on the line not sure I would bet the fight.

http://www.theultimatefighter.tv/

Go to link and see the fight lineup for Saturday. Also, don't miss the video promo clip of Diaz / Sanchez... :D

Sandoz, I do not know. I have not heard the line for the fight either. I would really like to find a place to put some on the Franklin fight. I think Quarry is way overmatched in that one, barring the right punch.

Is Kenny Florian also fighting? It is either Sat or in the Nov 19 UFC. He is fighting Kit Cope. Cope can bang, but Florian should get it to the mat and win it going away.

I was really surprised that Bet On Fighting has the Cummo/Stevenson fight with the widest spread, but thinking about it that makes sense. If Luke can keep the fight standing he can maybe survive, if Joe gets him down its probably over quick.

But what exactly do the numbers mean? 10 point must, 3 judges, 3 rounds is only 90 points so what is a +330 on the betting line?

I was really surprised that Bet On Fighting has the Cummo/Stevenson fight with the widest spread, but thinking about it that makes sense. If Luke can keep the fight standing he can maybe survive, if Joe gets him down its probably over quick.

But what exactly do the numbers mean? 10 point must, 3 judges, 3 rounds is only 90 points so what is a +330 on the betting line?

It means if you bet $100 and you win $330.

-450 means you have to bet $450 to win $100

There is an episode coming on tonight at 9 PM eastern time. I don't know which of this week's two episodes it will be.

Nevermind, I just saw that you were talking about the finals.

Edited by folsoml

Yeah, those were good fights. I am drained just watching em all.

Diaz got owned which i did not expect. That Diego is pretty quick on takedowns. If he gets better at stand up, i.e. delivering some power...watch out! Too funny with the Diaz loser rhetoric, too bad they edited out the cussing he flung at their corner. I wonder what he meant by Diego having the advantage? Something about how he has all the access to the best training....dunno. I guess ghetto is what ghetto deserves.

Holy Cow! The finals were GREAT!

And even better since they were FREE!

Nick Diaz is a punk. He gets manhandled for 15 minutes and still won't admit Diego Sanchez deserves to be where he is.

Totally class-less individual.

Me, too!

The second season is now officially over. Rashad Evans coming out as the ultimate heavyweight and Joe Stevenson the ultimate welterweight. Both fights were full of action going to decisions.

Diaz got owned which i did not expect. That Diego is pretty quick on takedowns. If he gets better at stand up, i.e. delivering some power...watch out! Too funny with the Diaz loser rhetoric, too bad they edited out the cussing he flung at their corner. I wonder what he meant by Diego having the advantage? Something about how he has all the access to the best training....dunno. I guess ghetto is what ghetto deserves.

I believe Diaz was referring to getting a short cut to the UFC by winning the Ultimate Fighter show. It still doesn't matter because Diaz got beat.

Diaz said at his post fight interview something about Diego have some extra help. I'll have to check the video replay, but I'm pretty sure there was no one else in the octagon with them. Diego really does need to work on his stand up though. He didn't even try to go toe to toe with him. During the very brief periods before he took him down, Diego was taking some shots.

I can not even imagine going for 15 minutes at that pace. There was no resting in the clinches or ANYTHING. They both laid it all out there. I said Nick is a punk, but I was referring to his mouth. He ain't no joke.

I was really impressed with Kenny Florian as well. He just does not seem to have the eye of the tiger. During the pre-fight introductions, he was looking down and sweeping the floor with his foot. He really looked like he would rather be somewhere else. That guy looked like he should have killed him.

Edited by folsoml

Stare downs really don't mean a whole lot. On one hand you can use it to try and intimidate your opponent, but on the other you don't use it to fool an opponent. For me I think Luke once again impressed me more than any other fighter last night. I think Joe was surprised how well Luke can do while on his back. One thing I'd like to see is fighters using the jab a heck of a lot more especially if one has a giant reach advantage(just seems basic to me). I'm ready for season three now. :)

I enjoyed the fights. Who can't like that Luke kid, eh? What a nice dude.

The Diaz / Sanchez fight? Boy, going to have to watch that again. Top position in mma and bjj is just that...top position. It does not mean you are winning, as Royce proved so often. That is one fight that would have been better proven with 5 rounds.

I would have scored the Diaz fight a draw, or at most a 1 point decision for Sanchez. As for Nick being a punk...yeah, but most of us were punks at age 22...at least I was :) Hats off to both of them for their work, truly great stuff. Both are going to need sharper knives at the top of that weight class, with Hughes, GSP, Sherk and the like.

For sure a season that started off with a whimper ended with a roar. The first semi-final show was great and the finale was once again awesome.

Kinda cool to go from being disgusted with Rashad Evans to being his biggest fan. Another really nice guy.

Diaz did nothing to win that fight. Haven't watched it again yet, but the only person putting the hurt on anyone was Sanchez from what I saw. The Diaz has to prove what a punk he is with that post fight interview. Wish that fight had been longer...another couple of rounds and Sanchez would have done Diaz some serious damage. Can't believe I was wanting Diaz to win at the start of the fight....

Luke really surprised me with his ability to deal with Joe. I really thought Luke's odd style would crap out on him completely in the finale. Glad it didn't.

Unleashed (thank goodness the WWE went back to USA network) has also been awesome. Sounds like there will be back to back episodes every Monday.

The one thing I was disappointed with was Dana White's failure to award Luke and Brad for their performance, especially Luke. After awarding Stephen Bonner a contract last year when he lost the decision, Dana had set a precendent that performance pays, even in a lost. When he said that the Joe/Luke fight was the Forrest/Stephen fight of season two you expected him to award Luke as well, then he didn't. But the top 6 or 8 from Season 1 have prospered in the UFC and hopefully Luke and Brad will as well.

The other disappointment from The Ultimate Finale 2 was all the talk time. The first fight started at 9:15, the next not til almost 10:00. They need to cut out the talk and the "what they have done since the last episode" segments and get to fights!

The one thing I was disappointed with was Dana White's failure to award Luke and Brad for their performance, especially Luke.

I was waiting for the same thing. I can't wait to see Luke fight again.

The other disappointment from The Ultimate Finale 2 was all the talk time. The first fight started at 9:15, the next not til almost 10:00. They need to cut out the talk and the "what they have done since the last episode" segments and get to fights!

I noticed that as a zoomed through all that crap with my Tivo. It seemed like I spent more time fast fowarding than watching the fights.

The guy that Kenny Florian fought had been on MTV's True Life: I'm a Muay Tai Fighter. He was a collegiate cheerleader!

I liked the Cumo/Stevenson fight, but I think Joe went easy on Luke on the ground because of his seperated clavicle and because he just couldn't ground and pound on his buddy. It looked like he let a lot of opportunities for elbow smashes go unused.

The Sanchez/Diaz fight was great. When Diego got cut, he immediately began keeping his face buried in Diaz's chest. The Ref stepped in close a couple of times trying to get a good look at the cut and I think Diego never let him get a good look. I loved the comment after the fight when Diego was watching the video "Wow, looks like a couple of lizards going at it!"

Nolan

Skilled, but otherwise unremarkable.

Btw, I hear Luke did get a contract...probably just not as large as the winners. Others on that show will get contracts too. I have no doubt Seth and Whitehead will, and likely everyone that fought that night on the undercard. I read where Sammy Morgan got KO'd in 21 seconds though...so his route is likely to be tougher.