Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Genesis Arms Shotguns

dwzuspsa

Nate I have four 10 rounders and 3 5 rounder,,,,they are tightly made.  At one match I dropped a ten in the sand and the follower would not work until I cleaned it.  All have been 100% reliable.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I put in an upper order in April for the left sided charging handle along with accessories. Its been 4 months and I still don't have the items. I was told due to production delays. Has anyone have had any issues in waiting for yours? If so how long did you wait?

• 2 weeks later...

tAcTiCaL-D....all I can say is keep asking them for info....seems the old addage...the greasy wheel works....I think they are good people to deal with but are a little over promised sometimes.  I am very happy with mine and have not had any problem with this one.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought my case was unique, realized it wasn't.  Paid for an order June 19th, was told it would ship July 7th, now 3 months later.  Would have been great to know it wasn't "in stock" like it says on the website.  Now I'm wondering if it'll ever ship or if I can even get my money back...

On 9/16/2020 at 6:40 PM, Tacticoolee said:

I thought my case was unique, realized it wasn't.  Paid for an order June 19th, was told it would ship July 7th, now 3 months later.  Would have been great to know it wasn't "in stock" like it says on the website.  Now I'm wondering if it'll ever ship or if I can even get my money back...

Finally got mine, and I have to say it was well worth the wait!  Cody at Genesis definitely went above and beyond to make up for the delay.  They when ahead and installed the beef up kit, as well as gave me free of charge, an extra 5 round magazine, a Hiperfire OE trigger group, buffer tube assembly, Hogue grip and even installed all of the free components in the lower that I had provided for cerakote!  They also shipped it in a gun case boxed.  The quality of the upper is amazing!  Fit, finish, and machining are top notch.  Definitely worth the money and wait.  Thanks Genesis Arms!

Edited by Tacticoolee

On 9/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Tacticoolee said:

Finally got mine, and I have to say it was well worth the wait!  Cody at Genesis definitely went above and beyond to make up for the delay.  They when ahead and installed the beef up kit, as well as gave me free of charge, an extra 5 round magazine, a Hiperfire OE trigger group, buffer tube assembly, Hogue grip and even installed all of the free components in the lower that I had provided for cerakote!  They also shipped it in a gun case boxed.  The quality of the upper is amazing!  Fit, finish, and machining are top notch.  Definitely worth the money and wait.  Thanks Genesis Arms!

Yupp, its a very nice gun for sure and mine ran 100% out of the box.

However, not being able to put an effective brake on it was a huge downer to me and sadly puts the Genesis in my plinker and novelty safe section.

Edited by gose

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thinking about pulling the trigger on the 10.5” upper.. I’ll be milling out my own 80% lower. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone with the 10.5” has had a chance to use it on clay pigeons and how it held up? I understand that’s not really the purpose of this firearm, but thought it would be neat to take out with the buddies when we go trap shooting. I’ve seen plenty of guys do it with the typhoon f12 and VR80, so I don’t see why this couldn’t handle just as well. Just haven’t been able to find much info on them since they’re still fairly new and pricey. I wanna make sure I’m getting my moneys worth. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello! At the point of pulling the trigger on my 1st Gen-12. Intending it primarily for personal defense and am wondering what the diff will be between 10.5 and 14.5?  Nuisance animals around my ranch might also be why I want this beast of a weapon.   Any thoughts as to why I might should choose one over the other?   Thx!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really starting to consider pulling the trigger on one of this shotguns, now, the question is which one ? In my country, the barrel of a 12 gauge shotgun cannot be shorter than 38 cm (Basically 14,96 inches), so, I either ask genesis arms for a custom 15 inch barrel (Which I'm not even sure they would be interested in selling) or I get the regular 18 inch version and then have it cut down/re-threaded here, anyone khow hard would it be for a competent gunsmith to do the re-threading part ?

Edited by ard212

• 1 month later...
On 7/4/2020 at 3:02 PM, gose said:

Back from the range with the new mags.

Some observations..

The 10s are slightly different dimensions vs the 5s. The 5s fit fine and drop free in Fulton and Aero lowers, but the 10s needed some material taken off to even fit in the Fulton, much less drop free, and still won't fit in the Aeros.

The shotgun ran fin with the 10s with the 1145, 1200 and 1250 1 1/8 oz loads I tried.

Recoil is stout, even with a PRS stock on there for weight.

Tried putting a GK02 brake on it, which tamed recoil quite a bit, but turned it into a single shot.

Played around with buffer weights, but couldn't find anything that would work better than ~50% with the brake on.

It's a fun novelty, but with the recoil being so heavy and no easy way to get it to run with a brake, I dont really see this as a contender to the Firebirds and Dissidents out there, esp not since it's in the same price range as those.

Do you think ordering the 14.5 would of made any difference with the recoil or shooting?? I been contemplating between the two for home defense purposes. What did you mean by no easy way to get it to work with the brake on? All their instagram postings looks like it shoots flawlessly with the added brakes. 

On 9/29/2020 at 6:15 PM, Tacticoolee said:

Woaw you really got hooked up. Whats the secret code to getting all those free upgrades? Whats your experience been like with the firearm so far? Recoil and all??

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2021 at 5:27 PM, Goofy87 said:

Do you think ordering the 14.5 would of made any difference with the recoil or shooting?? I been contemplating between the two for home defense purposes. What did you mean by no easy way to get it to work with the brake on? All their instagram postings looks like it shoots flawlessly with the added brakes. 

It might work with a junk brake on it, but if you put something like a GK on it, it will stop working until you shoot much hotter ammo, which will basically put you back to where you started without a brake.

The softest you can get it to shoot is with the weakest birdshot it will cycle.

I gave up on it and decided to sell mine. Its a fun novelty gun, but I bought it to compete with and for that, it's not the best choice.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 10:25 PM, gose said:

It might work with a junk brake on it, but if you put something like a GK on it, it will stop working until you shoot much hotter ammo, which will basically put you back to where you started without a brake.

The softest you can get it to shoot is with the weakest birdshot it will cycle.

I gave up on it and decided to sell mine. Its a fun novelty gun, but I bought it to compete with and for that, it's not the best choice.

Would it be accurate to say that your primary reason for purchasing a G-12 was in consideration of it being a competition/gaming gun rather than a defensive tool?

On 3/2/2021 at 2:27 AM, Digital_Boy said:

Would it be accurate to say that your primary reason for purchasing a G-12 was in consideration of it being a competition/gaming gun rather than a defensive tool?

Absolutely. If it was only for a defensive tool, Id have no issues with it, as it ran 100% out of the box.

7 hours ago, gose said:

Absolutely. If it was only for a defensive tool, Id have no issues with it, as it ran 100% out of the box.

Remind me, was yours the full 18.5" barrel or one of the shorter models?
My personal interest is putting together a reliable defensive shotgun/"firearm" that I can leverage the AR manual of arms with. I have a JTS-12 since that ticks most of the right boxes, but I'm learning that those may be problematic, especially in feeding and extracting.

As I understand from reading about what the people at Genesis Arms have shared about the design process, they started by designing a box magazine that would feed rimmed cartridges reliably, which solves the majority of feeding and extracting issues with box magazine shotgun caliber weapons. This is the kind of sound engineering that gives my own inner engineer warm fuzzies, and sounds rather like what Coonan did to resolve feeding issues on their .357Mag "1911"s, i.e. re-engineer the magazines to feed rimmed cartridges.

16 minutes ago, Digital_Boy said:

Remind me, was yours the full 18.5" barrel or one of the shorter models?
My personal interest is putting together a reliable defensive shotgun/"firearm" that I can leverage the AR manual of arms with. I have a JTS-12 since that ticks most of the right boxes, but I'm learning that those may be problematic, especially in feeding and extracting.

As I understand from reading about what the people at Genesis Arms have shared about the design process, they started by designing a box magazine that would feed rimmed cartridges reliably, which solves the majority of feeding and extracting issues with box magazine shotgun caliber weapons. This is the kind of sound engineering that gives my own inner engineer warm fuzzies, and sounds rather like what Coonan did to resolve feeding issues on their .357Mag "1911"s, i.e. re-engineer the magazines to feed rimmed cartridges.

There hasn't been feeding issues with magazine fed, rimmed shells (12 ga) for 7+ years.