Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TSO- Any upgrades? Which spare parts to get?

minnesota1

I have one coming in.  I’ll be using it for 3 gun. 

Is there any upgrades any would recommend for it?  Hard to think there is but I thought I’d ask.  

Best place for spare mags?

what spare parts would you recommend to have on hand?

thanks! 

If it’s a 9mm I wouldn’t worry too much. It will come with the most important things. Slide stop, like all CZ’s but you’ll have pins as backups that come with it.

Mags at Stoeger pro shop or CZ Custom are best price I’ve seen.

CZ Custom extensions are best imo (easiest to clean).

Extra trigger return and main spring. Good to go.

My rear sight started walking out during a class this summer. Gun was so hot it melted the Lol tite. Had the slide dimpled for the set screws. But it had about 900 rounds through it each day.

1 minute ago, mveto said:

Only thing I did to my TS was switch out the safety detent spring to a dsperman extra power, and the Shadow 2 wide safety. 

The new TSO comes with the new shadow 2 style wide safety and mag release pad.

5 hours ago, regor said:

The only “must do” item IMO is to blend in the frame with the magwell. The big ledge they leave from the factory is obnoxious and makes the magwell much less forgiving on reloads. 

Agree. Did it on my TSO using a dremel and sanding drum. Final polishing was done using mother mag polish.

DB406-F26-043-B-4745-BBF0-C44-F66558-F67

Little thread-creep, but I'm A Noob here!

Never owned or shot a CZ in my life, but I came across one yesterday and jumped on it. (cool story in itself)

I'm left handed, so I ordered a RH side extended safety, and since the *thumb rest [generic]* does nothing for me, I decided to 

put the CZ multi-optic mount in its place, as well as move the mag release to the other side.

I have decided on the Trijicon SRO; I'm just torn on which MOA to get. My near vision sucks, but this is not going to be a defensive weapon, so I'm thinking the 2.5

might be the right choice.

Thoughts?

Edited by StoutFlier

Little thread-creep, but I'm A Noob here!

Never owned or shot a CZ in my life, but I came across one yesterday and jumped on it. (cool story in itself)

I'm left handed, so I ordered a RH side extended safety, and since the *thumb rest [generic]* does nothing for me, I decided to 
put the CZ multi-optic mount in its place, as well as move the mag release to the other side.

I have decided on the Trijicon SRO; I'm just torn on which MOA to get. My near vision sucks, but this is not going to be a defensive weapon, so I'm thinking the 2.5
might be the right choice.

Thoughts?

I’m also a lefty. The right hand extended safety fits with the old style TS safety. It won’t stay on with the shadow 2 safety that comes with it. You will need the old style LHS safety and then fit it.

I know this because I had my safety fly off during a match.

Loaded605, what guide-rod are you using?

The one that came with it. Ditch the buffer.

I run a 13lb recoil spring. Could go down to 11, haven’t tried it yet. It is not one that came with it, I ordered them from Cajun Gun Works.

I also replaced grips with Henning, but Lok grips would be good too. I got Henning because a friend had them and I was able to find out they fit me perfectly.

Nothing else really need to be changed. Just shoot and practice.