Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dry Fire App

TierThreeJake

Hi everyone.  I came across this program the other day called Dry Fire Ninja.  I've been using the free version for a few months now and I've found it to be very helpful for switching between drills, like the ones in Ben Stoeger's books.  Its also great to practice swinger/bobbers and other moving targets. 

They have a paid version and a free one, but honestly I don't really see a need for the paid version unless you want to create stages and save.  I've been hooking this up to my home projector which works well.  I haven't tried it on a smaller screen but I assume it would work well there too.  

Hope this is helpful to some folks.  

Hi everyone.  I came across this program the other day called Dry Fire Ninja.  I've been using the free version for a few months now and I've found it to be very helpful for switching between drills, like the ones in Ben Stoeger's books.  Its also great to practice swinger/bobbers and other moving targets. 

They have a paid version and a free one, but honestly I don't really see a need for the paid version unless you want to create stages and save.  I've been hooking this up to my home projector which works well.  I haven't tried it on a smaller screen but I assume it would work well there too.  

Hope this is helpful to some folks.  
Used the app today. Do you find it difficult to get front sight focused?

The targets on the TV are much brighter that my sights. This causes them to be backlit. Kind of found it funky. Need to use it more to see how I feel about it.

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

My buddy has a similar program on his phone. You mound a laser on your tac trail and once the buzzer goes off, you pull the trigger. After you do this 4-5 times, you look at your phone and see where the little dots are on the bullseye. This is suppose to help you train to pull the trigger straight back to the rear. 

13 hours ago, anonymouscuban said:

Used the app today. Do you find it difficult to get front sight focused?

The targets on the TV are much brighter that my sights. This causes them to be backlit. Kind of found it funky. Need to use it more to see how I feel about it.

Personally I have never tried it on a TV.  I just plug my laptop into a projector and use that which means the screen is a bit washed out in bright light.  You might be able to change the brightness settings on your TV via a picture mode setting.  

WHen you say "create stages" does that mean i can set up a dryfire stage in my house and use that to score? cause that would be awesome!   Ive seen similar apps that has a mount to mount onto the front of your pistol.  I will be downloading this soon! 

Just to clarify guys....

This is not an app. It's a website. You can access it from any device that has a web browser. I used it with my PS4.

It doesn't count or register hits as it doesn't integrate with any attachment for your gun. It's displays scalable targets digitally. But it also animates moving targets. The cool thing is that you can set distances at it will automatically scale the targets to said distance. You calibrate the scale to your display and the viewing distance.

Here is a video overview of it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/9/2019 at 6:12 AM, nikdanja said:

My buddy has a similar program on his phone. You mound a laser on your tac trail and once the buzzer goes off, you pull the trigger. After you do this 4-5 times, you look at your phone and see where the little dots are on the bullseye. This is suppose to help you train to pull the trigger straight back to the rear. 

Sounds like MantisX 

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, anonymouscuban said:

Just to clarify guys....

This is not an app. It's a website. You can access it from any device that has a web browser. I used it with my PS4.

It doesn't count or register hits as it doesn't integrate with any attachment for your gun. It's displays scalable targets digitally. But it also animates moving targets. The cool thing is that you can set distances at it will automatically scale the targets to said distance. You calibrate the scale to your display and the viewing distance.

Seems pretty cool

• 1 month later...
32 minutes ago, Magictalent said:

not an app, but works really well on my TV. You can change how many rounds per target as you wish. Reload or not. Move Left to Right or Right to left. Use a little bit of imagination, almost unlimited practices.

Got it now.

So, it is youtube playlists with target presentations, par times, and such:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxns6bXX-b8B0O2eMi3c57g/playlists

Edited by perttime

On 1/19/2020 at 8:32 PM, perttime said:

Got it now.

So, it is youtube playlists with target presentations, par times, and such:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxns6bXX-b8B0O2eMi3c57g/playlists

I've been doing the par time draws some days now. I'm rusty....

I put the laptop at some suitable height and start a playlist. Stand a couple of meters away. If I pick a time that is too fast for me, things get sketchy. Trying to push it too much. Fumbled grips, especially. Going for a time that I can usually make, I've been getting more consistent. Maybe keep doing those a bit more, and then try a faster time again.

On 11/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, anonymouscuban said:

Just to clarify guys....

This is pretty cool. I will have to set it up on my projector this coming weekend.

• 5 weeks later...