Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Kitas book?

nikdanja

3 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I don't necessarily agree with you. Do you think the QB coaches for Tom Brady or Aaron Rodgers are better than them?

not necessarily better than them, but several steps above a b/c level shooter. Luke Getsy (green bay) set numerous passing records for the university of akron and helped them win their first conference championship (you can watch akron play on tues/wed nights, but they suck  this year). 

I have never met Kita, haven't read her book, and haven't taken a class with her, but geez, I'm amazed at some of the crappy comments coming from people that have never taken her class or read her book.  I've seen some of her shooting videos. And she isn't "terrible." She isn't an elite shooter, but she is a solid shooter. She was married to the best shooter in the U.S., so you know she isn't terrible. This class would probably be great for many beginning shooters or people that weren't in sports growing up and never learned proper footwork or hand/eye coordination, and even for some of us that did grow up in sports we could still probably pick up a thing or two. She's just like the rest of us, just trying to support her family and make a living.

Edited by JGus

For those interested, she is one of the guests on the Shooter's Mindset Episode 269.

She shows excerpts from the book. She mentions that movement is about "10%" of the equation. I guess if you are really good and need someone to help you make incremental improvements in areas such as movement that the book might help. Books like this remind me of "Karate" books when I was younger. You are not going to learn karate from books. The book is probably geared toward getting people into classes on movement. The book might then serve as "notes" to remember for later practice. Her comment that you can "read" it or look through it like a comic book was revealing (to me).

I've watched many of Ben's match review videos and the main thing he emphasizes is "run as fast as you can" to the next position, have the gun up and ready to shoot, prepare a plan for where you are going to shoot (in your stage planning) and keep the plan simple, etc. Most shooters need to just keep practicing fundamentals of shooting (grip, trigger, transitions, etc.) in order to get good. I've watched Matt Hopkins shoot, and given his girth, he beats a lot of faster and agile shooters. I guess to sell a book you gotta find "an angle" to sell.

On 11/26/2019 at 2:23 PM, motosapiens said:

Well that's a buzzkill. Mrs moto has been putting up some world-class times in steel challenge, and I was hoping to be able to profit from the association...

I'll offer you this tidbit of advice to piggy back of mrs. moto's success

Face the camera on your instagram photos = Never getting sponsorship
Turn to side in instagram photos = sponsorship inbound

I bought her book after buying and reading three of Stoeger's books and was looking for more material that I could learn from.  I didn't know who she was but the Amazon description intrigued me and I made the purchase.  For reference I'm a B-class shooter who wins the occasional local club match.

What I like: She's done her homework.  The book is full of citations from medical journals and other publications where people smarter and more educated than myself have carefully considered the problems and issues involved with moving efficiently.  There are contributions from top level competitors that help the reader see how her movement techniques are applied.  I did learn enough to make the cost worth it.

What I think could be done better: The book needs some better editing.  The final chapter or two feel like they were cobbled together from leftover material and/or repeat information that was already presented better in an earlier chapter.

Huh ...

I guess I made the mistake of thinking I did pretty well at Nationals this year when I saw that she beat me by only 3 placements in Limited C.

She was squadded in the squad in front of me and Ill admit I was checking out how she was shooting a few stages.

I'll never do that again... :) 

(...ya, right)

Lol.

Edited by WaJim