Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig Romeo 3XL

adrone

8 minutes ago, adrone said:

Just got the Sig Romeo 3 XL. Next day from Atlas with a mount. I have to say great customer service from them.  We will see if the XL holds up....

IMG_16102019_202959_(900_x_600_pixel).jpg

IMG_16102019_203503_(900_x_600_pixel).jpg

Have you ever handle a Holosun 510c, if so how would you compare the window size.. 

39 minutes ago, Furrly said:

Have you ever handle a Holosun 510c, if so how would you compare the window size.. 

I'm not sure how big the Holosun 510c  window is but online it says lens size 24mm H x 32mm W. Is that correct? 

The Sig Romeo Xl window size is 24mm H x 32mm W.

The body on the sig is a lot smaller. Narrower...And weighs 1.5 oz.. and has a nice 6moa dot....

IMG_16102019_212340_(900_x_600_pixel).jpg

22 minutes ago, adrone said:

I'm not sure how big the Holosun 510c  window is but online it says lens size 24mm H x 32mm W. Is that correct? 

The Sig Romeo Xl window size is 24mm H x 32mm W.

The body on the sig is a lot smaller. Narrower...And weighs 1.5 oz.. and has a nice 6moa dot....

IMG_16102019_212340_(900_x_600_pixel).jpg

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking about switching to one of these optics, I'm really liking my 510c window size just not the weight.. 😢

37 minutes ago, SeattleDude said:

SRO didnt hold up?

They're both so new, it's hard to say which is more reliable.  I think the SRO has more reported issues, but there's also likely a lot more of those in the field at this time.

I currently have both the SRO and the R3XL.  My original plan was to try them each out and keep the one that I liked better.  I mounted the R3XL first as that's the mount that showed up first (Atlas).  I decided not to try the SRO.  The R3 has a few advantages; larger window, thinner bezel, and better controls.  As for the dot symmetry and brightness, I'd say they're about the same.  Another reason for staying with the Sig is that I can use the same mount for my RTS2, which is now relegated to back up duty.

Thanks for the info, I'm thinking about switching to one of these optics, I'm really liking my 510c window size just not the weight.. [emoji22]

I’ve got the romeoXL on one gun and 510c on my other. The XL is noticeably smaller than the 510C but the dot is bigger. It’s a pretty good balance overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, kujo929 said:

I’ve got the romeoXL on one gun and 510c on my other. The XL is noticeably smaller than the 510C but the dot is bigger. It’s a pretty good balance overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for that info.. 

32 minutes ago, kitestir said:

Not much of a difference top to bottom and left to right. You loose some in the corners. I much prefer the XL. Bigger and brighter dot and much lighter. 

895451FF-005A-4075-9A03-1D0026BACFD8.jpeg

3C7C9E38-B0D1-4266-9889-D77D53336667.jpeg

Great visual, thanks 

I was able to compare the 510c to the r3xl myself and like kitestir said there isnt much of a difference in window size other than the corners which i dont think is a big deal. The dot on the other hand looks a lot better its nice and big and bright. I also like that its overall size is a lot smaller. really the only thing that could be a negative is its durability but only time will tell on that. 

That Holosun is a big beast! After seeing kitestir's rig in real life, I bought a Romeo3XL and put it on my X5 Legion CO gun. Way better than the DPP! We'll see how it holds up to being slide mounted...

Edited by eboadway

1 hour ago, BenAlpha said:

Does the Romeo 3XL fit RTS2 mounts?

Yes and no.  If you have a blast shield like the Cheely, then no.  The mounting pattern is the same though, so if you don't have a blast shield or you're using something like the Atlas R3XL Mount then you can use that for the RTS2 as well.