Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primers- more, faster.

Benji

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2019 at 8:37 AM, chevrofreak said:

I am back to my VibraPrime.  My RF100 just does not work right 

Make sure its on a solid base, test it on a concrete floor if its not working right.    When a bench or table its on is absorbing some of its mojo it seems to slow its performance.   If it works well on a solid floor (not a wood floor), then up the base its on when on the bench like a 1" slab of granite salvaged from the local granite countertop contractors scrap pile.   (If all they have is huge chunks, just hit one against the other and the stuff brakes supper easy.   I have hand chipped the chunks I have needed into the size of pieces I wanted. )  

Love my RF100's.   I fill the press, return the main tube to the RF100, dump in another 100 primers, hit go and go back to loading on my press.   Repeat. I always have a load of primers waiting for me when I need them. 

Im sure the RF is nice but the FA is $40 Get this and make 10 tubes. You can get from mcmaster carr. and through dillon tips on. You can load 10 tubes in 5 minutes. and be good for a decent loading session.

Small Primer tube = .183 ID x 5/16" OD Part #89965K18
Large Primer tube = .215 ID x 5/16" OD Part #89965K472
McMaster-Carr

Thanks for the part numbers. You just saved me from measuring the tubes and looking for that size tubing. I was going to get some tubing for more tubes anyway and was thinking about the Vibra Prime (BTW it's $39.69 at Vizard's https://vizardsgunsandammo.com/f-a-vibra-prime-automatic-primer-tube-filler/ ) to speed up the process as it takes me 2 minutes to fill one tube manually.

I love this forum for the info it has to offer.