Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ Shadow 2 slide milling for optic (carry optics)

Eliboudreaux

Have a friend who has access on machining, dis a bunch of 2011/1911/glock slides for me befor,and so I am planning of getting my shadow 2 slide to get it milled for carry optics,just want some pics and inputs how deep the cut for optics or a picture. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I Just had my slide milled for an rmr and we cut it super deep and all I had to do to make weight was change the grips. 

We also milled the front sight down and installed a low profile Glock sight in front of the rmr. This gives me a super low cowitness backup sights that don't block my window at all. 

IMG_20190829_143301_169.jpg

IMG_20190827_115158~2.jpg

When I did mine, using a gauge pin, I zeroed off of the top tangent point of the firing pin channel and milled to leave 1mm of material there.

Picture attached for reference. Optic is a DPP with the shroud removed.

2D702E02-BCFF-4296-B8D4-00AB81FFFCDC.jpeg

I'm thinking about getting mine milled for CO but it sounds like a one-way street (not able to legally go back to USPSA production). I called CZC yesterday to get their input hoping I could use this https://czcustom.com/rds-plate-fixed-shadow2-sight.html but the sales person I spoke was not 100% sure if they could mill it light enough without making through cuts to the slide. Has anyone come up with a solution that makes CO weight and uses the CZC rear iron sight plate to go back to production?

• 4 months later...
On 8/30/2019 at 1:54 AM, JeremyV said:

I Just had my slide milled for an rmr and we cut it super deep and all I had to do to make weight was change the grips. 

We also milled the front sight down and installed a low profile Glock sight in front of the rmr. This gives me a super low cowitness backup sights that don't block my window at all. 

Very Impressive. Sent you a PM.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the optic mounted directly to the slide. 
I have heard that if mounting the dot, that in order to have it zero correctly the slide isn't cut perfectly plumb, but instead canted forward just a very slight degree... 
Have any of you found this to be true? 
Were your machine cuts perfectly level with the bore?
Thanks!

On 1/2/2020 at 9:50 PM, Benevolence said:

Wish there was a way to do this and be Production/SSP compliant.

Update on this, I emailed DNROI and they said if you put a cover plate back on the milled out spot, it would be fine to use it again in Production. The slide milling for lightening wouldn’t be allowed though. 

• 6 months later...
On 1/16/2020 at 11:16 PM, Eliboudreaux said:

a friend of mine whos a machinist. made some sketch and researched some cuts especially the CGW lightening cuts for the SRO. did pretty well

IMG_2779 2.jpg

I was looking around the nets for a machinist to do some cutting on my airsoft Shadow 2 GBB and found this posting, and am wondering if I could recreate(clone) your Shadow 2 with your machinist-friend who did your work? I'd def pay!

Get back at me in PM if this is a possibility. Thank you!

• 2 months later...
On 2/10/2020 at 7:49 PM, MicahSwan said:

I love the optic mounted directly to the slide. 
I have heard that if mounting the dot, that in order to have it zero correctly the slide isn't cut perfectly plumb, but instead canted forward just a very slight degree... 
Have any of you found this to be true? 
Were your machine cuts perfectly level with the bore?
Thanks!

To answer this question, the answer is yes, and the correction is 0.8 of a degree cut towards the muzzle. 

• 1 year later...
On 8/30/2019 at 1:54 AM, JeremyV said:

Could I get an email to ask you some questions about your set up. Thinking about milling my slide for an rmr and really like how low your set up is.