Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Checkering CZ Shadow frame

JNW

I am interested in getting a CZ Custom Bull Shadow, but I would like to have the front strap and back strap checkered.  Is this possible and if so, who can do this?  I am waiting for an answer from CZC.  And no, I do not like step tape on my guns.

Thanks,

Jeff

I've done the rear strap on a couple and the cast frames are hard, but it can be done. My labor is free but if I had to charge for it would be expensive. I've never attempted a front. I figured I'd need to weld the checkering file on an offset piece to do the vertical lines. Cogan from Accurate Plating talked to me for a little while about the fronts as they have a laser and pulled off a couple in the past but they aren't doing it right now but didn't rule it out in future. He commented that the front straps on some frames were very thin and you run the risk of cutting through. You can also solder on checkering plates which might not be a bad idea.

CZ Custom has their own model (A01) with checkering on the front and back. 

On 8/30/2019 at 3:56 AM, JNW said:

I am interested in getting a CZ Custom Bull Shadow, but I would like to have the front strap and back strap checkered.  Is this possible and if so, who can do this?  I am waiting for an answer from CZC.  And no, I do not like step tape on my guns.

Thanks,

Jeff

good idea.

it's only metal work  and it can be done in many ways.

mine old carry gun  cz 75  from 1986 has 40 lpi back checkering and stippling on the front. the feeling is like TSO.

• 2 years later...