Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Taran tactical ultimate fiber optic Glock sight fit

Nhskifish

Good morning 

I am about to pull the trigger on Tarans ultimate sight.  I just read the rear sight may hang off the back of the slide on the Gen 5 MOS ?  Only read the one review ..  curious if this is true. 

A second question.  

Do do you guys and gals like these sights?

i just love this  glock, really beginning to shoot it well.  Very much because of the info from this forum. I’ve always been a terrible shot and now beginning to really improve. Thanks to all. 

Greg

One of the challenges with first using a red dot is the presentation is slightly different given the sight line is a little higher above the bore axis than stock iron sight

You don’t NEED the co-witness now, but using it now may help train your presentation to be closer to that needed when you do have the red dot. That may make the transition to the red dot easier.

A different question. What are you waiting for? Why not go for the red dot now? Everything you are doing now is building muscle memory that will have to be changed once you get the red dot.

Great sights. The front sight is no other, the screw is longer than most and goes all the way to top of sight, very stable. Downside is that is the front sight can't be any thinner if you prefer thinner. The rear sight notch depth, serrations, profile is great. They use a slightly narrower notch than most competition sights. I feel like with a shorter barreled glock, it is too tight of a sight picture. This is with their traditional sights.

Edited by Polymer

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
On 8/24/2019 at 6:54 AM, Nhskifish said:

Good morning 

I am about to pull the trigger on Tarans ultimate sight.  I just read the rear sight may hang off the back of the slide on the Gen 5 MOS ?  Only read the one review ..  curious if this is true. 

A second question.  

Do do you guys and gals like these sights?

i just love this  glock, really beginning to shoot it well.  Very much because of the info from this forum. I’ve always been a terrible shot and now beginning to really improve. Thanks to all. 

Greg

I have the Dawson MOS sights and am probably going to pick up the new TTI MOS set. The front post on the TTI is one of the nicest in the business.