Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Largest glass for small dot

jeremy kemlo

To me it's not only the size of the window but the thickness of the frame around it. A thick frame and/or knobs/dials around the opening hindre your vision for picking up the next target, imo. I bought the c-more because of its nice field of view AND its thin frame with nothing else around it.

I've got the SRO on my Shadow 2 , the think frame isn't what I'm looking at when I shoot I bring the dot to the target

when I'm running a stage I don't even notice it.

that said the Romeo3max looks very interesting

3 Max has a nice thin frame, and the glass is rounded off at the bottom so the center of the 'circle' is a bit lower down.  I don't think it's a coincidence how similar it is to the old C-more Max used to run in Open.

IMO the important dimension for a window in our game is the height above the dot-center.  That's where you want to see the dot.  Your eyes can see around the scope just fine for target acquisition, unless you are still tracking the dot.

The SRO has a thicker frame, but one with some depth to it, which is convenient for picking up the dot in awkward situations, almost like the tube scopes of old where you could just shoot through the tube on close targets and ignore the dot entirely.  That never worked out real well with the old C-More...

23 hours ago, Shmella said:

I’m surprised nobody is giving the Romeo 3 xl any thought. Glass same size as a 510c. Less than half the weight. Same footprint about as the max

Could be because its' the same price as the Max and the only glass difference is in width.  That and it seems even 6 MOA Max's are easier to find...  It does look a bit more rugged so once they hit the streets people may take another look