Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Non Falling Steel

Does steel have to fall in USPSA for it to be a legal stage? I design for our local club and wanted to have a long shot for the first shot and I wanted to use an 18x34" plate we use for steel challenge. I was told that steel has to fall in USPSA. I don't know enough about the rules for stage design so just wanted to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/4/2019 at 5:11 PM, boudreux said:

Thats what I needed. Thanks

Put the plate rack way out there if practical. Use one single plate. Bring 100ft of cheap clothesline so no one has to run 30yd down there  to reset it.

Also, expect PCC to run away with that stage… And everyone else to bitch about it favoring chickrifle minor shooters.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 8/13/2019 at 6:25 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Put the plate rack way out there if practical. Use one single plate. Bring 100ft of cheap clothesline so no one has to run 30yd down there  to reset it.

Also, expect PCC to run away with that stage… And everyone else to bitch about it favoring chickrifle minor shooters.

"chickrifle minor"

Every now and then the internet actually produces something of value. I love this. How entertaining!!

Now if someone could create a similarly useful expression explaining how Steel Challenge has a Division per shooter. 13 Divisions including woosey divisions of various descriptions for rim fire pistols and rifles. Holy Cow!

And oh yeah, if you're going to design USPSA stages try reading the rule book. I refer you to 4.3.1.5 and Appendix B3. The large Steel Challenge plate is not a legal target in USPSA matches.

Edited by Brooke