Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9major

cnote

Given the same powder charge of dirty HS6, would a difference in oal help with better complete powder burn, or at least just better?

ie going shorter or longer with aol —assuming no change in function other than velocity

Just trying to keep the gun cleaner in between breakdowns 

2 hours ago, cnote said:

Given the same powder charge of dirty HS6, would a difference in oal help with better complete powder burn, or at least just better?

ie going shorter or longer with aol —assuming no change in function other than velocity

Just trying to keep the gun cleaner in between breakdowns 

What PF are you getting currently? If the OAL works for your gun I personally would up the charge unless you are already really high PF like 176-8. HS 6 will always be somewhat dirty but burns cleanest the hotter the load.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:39 AM, Sarge said:

What PF are you getting currently? If the OAL works for your gun I personally would up the charge unless you are already really high PF like 176-8. HS 6 will always be somewhat dirty but burns cleanest the hotter the load.

Like 172/3, so if I get it hotter it should burn a little cleaner or more complete ... thanks 

the increased velocity  is a wash with the comp 

On 7/21/2019 at 6:40 AM, zzt said:

You would win the bet Jack.

So add a smidge of powder safely to get a better burn is correct or lower the oal safely 

always safely .....