Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA President vote

be032

6 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Nominations had to be in by 1st May.

right, but presumably they could have been submitted earlier than that...... When was it first announced? Was the other candidate procrastinating? or were there some shenanigans to keep him from getting out the word. (perhaps the same shenanigans that prevented him from talking about the election at lunch at the OK section match, as reported by someone who shared his table).

Everyone wants to jump to conclusions of nefarious behavior,  but it looks just as plausible that we may have a candidate who just doesn't care that much and is making little to no effort.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just now, motosapiens said:

right, but presumably they could have been submitted earlier than that......

I think it's pretty shady to have the nomination deadline after the main voice of the sport's publishing deadline.

Someone in the org clearly dropped the ball. Even more so when the editorial board decided to run only a single candidate profile. Mike Foley's should have been pulled and the election postponed to accommodate their nomination deadline.

Announcement was in the Jan/Feb edition.

At the last election all the candidates were given the same amount of time to respond as the emails from USPSA were sent out at the same time. So it did not matter when each candidate submitted their nomination.

15 minutes ago, BritinUSA said:

Announcement was in the Jan/Feb edition.

At the last election all the candidates were given the same amount of time to respond as the emails from USPSA were sent out at the same time. So it did not matter when each candidate submitted their nomination.

it does seem dumb to have a deadline for nominations that is after the deadline for front sight (for those few people who get their info there). 

Do you see any evidence that mr Valentine is making any significant effort to make people aware of his candidacy?

He seems to be doing much the same thing as some of the other candidates did in 2015, using Facebook etc. to publish their opinions.

Last time we had a forum to discuss opinions and positions but it just turned into troll-fest so it was not much use. This is why I think the magazine is so important, most members get it and it offered a non-biased tool for each candidate to provide their positions. 

I have no idea why the timeline changed, essentially there is only one edition of the magazine between the deadline and the voting. And that edition had already been finalized before final date for nominations... it all seems odd to me. 

10 minutes ago, motosapiens said:

> snip <

Do you see any evidence that mr Valentine is making any significant effort to make people aware of his candidacy?

Yes ... he did the "Practical Shooting after Dark" interview. I'm glad I watched that. A lot of interesting things were discussed (w/o ... regard to any bearing on the election).

IMHO it was a opportunity to briefly examine the demeanor/attitude of the candidate as well. 

I have to say ... the USPSA elections are the only ones where I have received an email announcing an election w/o any mention of the candidates or issues to be decided by the election (and no link to discover that information).

Please read the Forum Guidelines, conveniently located at the top of every forum page. 

We don't allow political discussions here.

When it starts targeting candidates, positively or negatively. . . .it's done.

CLOSED