Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which oakley prizm len for red dot? (tr22 tr45)

BenAlpha

I don’t have the “shooting” specific lenses yet, but I shoot with a dot wearing the Prizm Daily and I do just fine. I already had these so it’s just what I use. If I were buying new, I’d prolly go with a what was mentioned above. 

I shoot with the TR45, indoors and outdoors.  To me the TR22 are too dark for my liking. I've used Prizm daily in a jam outdoors and it was fine.  I do want to get the prizm low light lenses.

On 6/15/2019 at 8:15 PM, Bravo_Victor said:

Ive used Tr45 with success but now im using Prizm Golf and im liking them better. 

I'm tempted to try the prizm trail since in a match you see dirt, grass, stone, trees etc and it should be good at picking stuff out that is not one of them listed.

1 hour ago, bigboy69 said:

I'm tempted to try the prizm trail since in a match you see dirt, grass, stone, trees etc and it should be good at picking stuff out that is not one of them listed.

We had this exact conversation 3 years ago. You said you tried them and they sucked.

I’ve been using them since then and love them. They don’t offer Tr45 as a prescription lens so I went with the Prizm Trail. 

Edited by robb315

In respect to shooting specific lenses - I recently switched to the prizm sporting clays lense that came in an Oakley Tombstone three lense set. They are fantastic, really make the dot vibrant in bright and dim conditions.