Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trigger - TriggerTech AR Diamond

https://triggertech.com/products/ar-diamond-1?variant=22442108256374

Anyone see this new AR trigger by TriggerTech? It's supposed to be similar to their Diamond trigger for precision rifles. It's adjustable from 4 lbs down to 1.5 lbs.

A 1.5 lbs trigger pull is lighter than anything I've tried on an AR platform and sounds very appealing to me. Thinking about ordering one just to give it a try...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have one. Has less travel, less weight, and a better break than anything I've tried. I'm one of those guys who really doesn't care if a trigger is one or two stages, it really doesn't matter. Customer service is also great(I have a long story about that one lol).

The only downside I've experienced so far is that the reset feels dead. I can shoot it as fast as anything else I have, but it's not as easy or intuitive as something with a stronger reset like a Hiperfire. Definitely takes some getting used to.

And for reference, because I feel like trigger reviews are pointless unless you've actually tried other triggers, I've either owned or used the following: Geissele SSA, SSA E, SD3G, hiperfire 24c, ECL, POF, JP in a factory rifle, a couple different CMCs, and a few Timneys. The one I still want to try because it's one of the standards, and I hear it's similar to the original Triggertech, is the AR Gold.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, RAINY0DAYS said:

The only downside I've experienced so far is that the reset feels dead. I can shoot it as fast as anything else I have, but it's not as easy or intuitive as something with a stronger reset like a Hiperfire. Definitely takes some getting used to.

Thats how I would describe the Timney Calvin Elite. Crazy fast and light but I was used to my CMC's and Hiperfires pushing my finger forward.

I'd like to try the Diamond, not because I think I could score any better than I'm doing with my CE, but I'm a trigger whore. I've owned or spent plenty of time with most brands out there and for the life of me I can't figure out the Geissele fanboyism. They're good, but not great, especially for the cost.

Thats how I would describe the Timney Calvin Elite. Crazy fast and light but I was used to my CMC's and Hiperfires pushing my finger forward.

I'd like to try the Diamond, not because I think I could score any better than I'm doing with my CE, but I'm a trigger whore. I've owned or spent plenty of time with most brands out there and for the life of me I can't figure out the Geissele fanboyism. They're good, but not great, especially for the cost.
The Calvin Elite is another that's on my short list to try. I just got the Diamond a couple months ago and I like it, but time will tell if I pull out of my 3 gun rifle to go back to my ECL. I'll probably run it for the rest of the season and see how I feel.

I think the big attraction with Geissele is like the big attraction to Aimpoint; military testing and the reputation for reliability. Not necessarily things that carry over into our sports.

16 hours ago, RAINY0DAYS said:

I have one. Has less travel, less weight, and a better break than anything I've tried. I'm one of those guys who really doesn't care if a trigger is one or two stages, it really doesn't matter. Customer service is also great(I have a long story about that one lol).

And for reference, because I feel like trigger reviews are pointless unless you've actually tried other triggers, I've either owned or used the following: Geissele SSA, SSA E, SD3G, hiperfire 24c, ECL, POF, JP in a factory rifle, a couple different CMCs, and a few Timneys. The one I still want to try because it's one of the standards, and I hear it's similar to the original Triggertech, is the AR Gold.

I have the AR Gold. The reset on it is very similar to how you describe the reset on the AR Diamond. It’s very short but also very weak/quiet. I also have an Elftmann, and it’s much different. Its reset is really loud and forceful/tactile, but not quite as short. I like both of them. The weak/quiet reset on the AR Gold doesn’t bother me. So, I’d probably like the AR Diamond.

I’m mostly interested in this because of that 1.5 lb number. Are you able to get yours down that low and still functioning properly?

14 hours ago, TonytheTiger said:

No I haven't yet, its on my list. Quite a few people have told me it might change my opinion on Geissele triggers.

It’s very good.  I’ve got quite a few different aftermarket triggers and it’s my fastest. Even faster than my hiperfires 

I have the AR Gold. The reset on it is very similar to how you describe the reset on the AR Diamond. It’s very short but also very weak/quiet. I also have an Elftmann, and it’s much different. Its reset is really loud and forceful/tactile, but not quite as short. I like both of them. The weak/quiet reset on the AR Gold doesn’t bother me. So, I’d probably like the AR Diamond.

I’m mostly interested in this because of that 1.5 lb number. Are you able to get yours down that low and still functioning properly?
Yes I've verified it on a trigger gauge at 1lb 7 oz with a couple clicks of adjustment left. It could possibly go lighter, but I haven't tested it.

I've had and used in this order:  CMC single stage, TT adjustable, 24c, Calvin.

CMC is decent, definitely a single stage, but not especially light or great on reset.  [2 years]

TT is a great two stage, breaks like glass, but reset is very faint. [2 years]

24c is a very nice single stage, strong reset, but didn't work with Seekins 60degree safety so it had to go. [2 months]

Calvin is my current choice. Super light single stage and strong reset. [9 months]

I haven't tried a TT Diamond, though I am fairly certain it is just a TT Adjustable with the black coating and minimum weight adjustment allowed to go lower. Oh, and they jacked the price again. I actually have one in my car right now, couriering it to a local buddy, so I might get to try one soon.

I would also mention that TT's tend to go on sale a few times a year on the manufacturer's website.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found a YouTube review video that shows the trigger pull & reset really well. This thing looks epic. @TonytheTiger It doesn't really look like a typical 2 stage trigger. It's just like the AR Gold where it's basically simulating a 1911/2011 style trigger. The first "stage" is really just some super light take up before you hit the wall. 

Finally found a YouTube review video that shows the trigger pull & reset really well. This thing looks epic. [mention=55804]TonytheTiger[/mention] It doesn't really look like a typical 2 stage trigger. It's just like the AR Gold where it's basically simulating a 1911/2011 style trigger. The first "stage" is really just some super light take up before you hit the wall. 

Pretty accurate description of the 1st "stage."

• 2 weeks later...

Initial impressions:

I like it a lot! The reset is actually a little louder/more tactile than the AR Gold, but not nearly as loud/tactile as the Elftmann. However, the TriggerTech Diamond can be adjusted much lighter than the Elftmann and the reset is shorter. The AR Gold and TriggerTech Diamond have roughly the same take up and same reset distance. The TriggerTech Diamond has a very crisp break with no creep due to the roller design. The AR Gold has the tiniest bit of creep that you would never really notice unless directly comparing it to the Diamond. I think it just comes down to the difference between using the roller design and not. The AR Gold is about as good as you can get for its design, in my opinion, based on the other triggers I've tried, but the Diamond has the advantage.

Right now, I have the Diamond adjusted to the lightest setting, and I haven't adjusted my AR Gold as light as it will go yet, but I will soon to compare. I've seen people on YouTube get them down to around 1.5 pounds or so. So, it should be really close to the Diamond in that aspect, and, like I said already, the reset distance on them is already about the same.... The Diamond might just be a hair shorter, but the AR Gold has a shorter reset than any other AR15 trigger I've tried. So, it's really close.

Overall, this is the best AR trigger I've tried. I'm really interested in seeing if it will work in a 9mm PCC with 9mm-specific BCGs, as the hammer looks to be a bit taller/beefier. It may not require a special bolt like the Taccom Extreme to reset properly, like the AR Gold does when used in a 9mm PCC. If it does, I'll be buying a 2nd one so that I can use it in both my PCC and regular AR. :P

Edited by avastcosmicarena