Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trigger - TriggerTech AR Diamond

@Snausages32 I took the TriggerTech Diamond out of my PCC too...  Put my AR Gold 308 trigger back in...  It runs flawlessly in my PCC at 1Lb 5oz.

I emailed TriggerTech and they advised me to crank the pull weight to the maximum and adjust it down to see how low it would go before it started burst firing again...  Since it wouldn't run at 2Lbs, there was no reason for me to continue testing it in my PCC...  I'm going to put it in an AR-15 I plan to shoot in PRS...  Should be good for a PRS rifle.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be a great PRS trigger, absolutely.  Anything else, I wouldn't go near it. 

That's just my opinion.  Clearly there are others who would disagree.  There's so much personal preference in everything for shooting, there is no one right/best anything for everyone.  Shot my match today, and my Timney felt great.  I think I might be keeping it now.

It should be a great PRS trigger, absolutely.  Anything else, I wouldn't go near it. 

That's just my opinion.  Clearly there are others who would disagree.  There's so much personal preference in everything for shooting, there is no one right/best anything for everyone.  Shot my match today, and my Timney felt great.  I think I might be keeping it now.
Definitely a preference thing. I was worried about the weak reset when I initially tried it, but got over it pretty quickly.

I still prefer the ECL in my PCC mainly due to reliability concerns with that platform specifically. When shooting PCC stuff, I actually like the rolling feeling the Hiperfire gives as well since precision isn't an issue. My splits aren't faster, but they're easier to get if that makes any sense. However I was never thrilled with it for anything other than bay stuff in my 3-gun rifle.

With the Diamond, the tighter shots I see in 3-gun become an exercise in stability and sight picture with trigger press no longer being something I have to concentrate on. I can also shoot it as quickly as the Hiperfire, I just have to be more deliberate and can't mindlessly ride the trigger. Seems like a good trade-off to for the types of stages I see.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Rainydays analysis is spot on. To get used to shooting the diamond fast I stuck my .22 lr upper on a few times and hosed through a few bricks. If there's no long range at the matches you attend there are easier triggers, like the eclipse, Which I also moved to my PCC. With long range mixed in, though, the diamond really shines. Just takes some practice to get used to for bay stages. 

• 2 months later...
On 9/13/2019 at 3:21 PM, RaylanGivens said:

What kind of rifle are you putting the TT Diamond trigger in?

I put one in my PCC and adjusted the pull down to 1Lb 2oz...  It felt great dry firing, but went into burst mode when I tested it at the range...  Adjusted it up to 2Lb and still had burst issues...  Make sure you don't load up a mag the first couple of times you try it.

I'm having this burst issue in one of my 3 triggers now. The other 2 (in my 3 gun AR and my 16" PCC) are working perfectly at the lowest setting, but I had a burst on my 9MM AR PDW style pistol.

Going to try to figure out what's causing it soon. Think it might be related to the buffer and spring the gun is currently using, but not 100% sure.

The funny thing is it runs fine in my AR and longer PCC, which is short stroked. This one isn't short stroked. Hmmm...

4 hours ago, avastcosmicarena said:

I'm having this burst issue in one of my 3 triggers now. The other 2 (in my 3 gun AR and my 16" PCC) are working perfectly at the lowest setting, but I had a burst on my 9MM AR PDW style pistol.

Going to try to figure out what's causing it soon. Think it might be related to the buffer and spring the gun is currently using, but not 100% sure.

The funny thing is it runs fine in my AR and longer PCC, which is short stroked. This one isn't short stroked. Hmmm...

Funny that you mention it worked in a longer PCC...  My PCC is a 10.5" barrel SBR...  It is short stroked using the Blitzkrieg 5015HD hydraulic buffer with their SS buffer weight and a JP carbine spring...  I might have had the .308 spring in it when I tried the TT Diamond trigger...   It was when the TT Diamond first came out.

Currently using an AR Gold 308 trigger...  Used to use a HiperFire Eclipse trigger...  Worked well, but it started to double after about 8,000 rounds or so... 

1 minute ago, RaylanGivens said:

Funny that you mention it worked in a longer PCC...  My PCC is a 10.5" barrel SBR...  It is short stroked using the Blitzkrieg 5015HD hydraulic buffer with their SS buffer weight and a JP carbine spring...  I might have had the .308 spring in it when I tried the TT Diamond trigger...   It was when the TT Diamond first came out.

Currently using an AR Gold 308 trigger...  Used to use a HiperFire Eclipse trigger...  Worked well, but it started to double after about 8,000 rounds or so... 

Short-stroked 5015HD, using Blitzkrieg's spacer/weight for the short stroke, a JP 9mm bolt, & a 16" BSF barrel = working perfectly for me.

The one where I am currently seeing bursts is similar to the above, but with a different barrel length and buffer system.... same BSF barrel but 8", same JP bolt, not short stroked, but using the MBX pcc buffer system with stock settings instead of the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer.

I'm thinking it's either related to the different buffer and spring or it's just something occurring on some of the Diamond triggers. Going to bring this gun with me to the range again soon to try to work out the kinks with it.

7 minutes ago, avastcosmicarena said:

Short-stroked 5015HD, using Blitzkrieg's spacer/weight for the short stroke, a JP 9mm bolt, & a 16" BSF barrel = working perfectly for me.

The one where I am currently seeing bursts is similar to the above, but with a different barrel length and buffer system.... same BSF barrel but 8", same JP bolt, not short stroked, but using the MBX pcc buffer system with stock settings instead of the Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer.

I'm thinking it's either related to the different buffer and spring or it's just something occurring on some of the Diamond triggers. Going to bring this gun with me to the range again soon to try to work out the kinks with it.

I'm beginning to think it might have something to do with my bolt, although I've tried an Iron City bolt and a Taccom Extreme bolt and had the bursting issue with both...  However they are almost identical bolts...  Both seem to be made by the same company.

Curious to see what you find out...

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/8/2019 at 9:01 PM, RaylanGivens said:

I'm beginning to think it might have something to do with my bolt, although I've tried an Iron City bolt and a Taccom Extreme bolt and had the bursting issue with both...  However they are almost identical bolts...  Both seem to be made by the same company.

Curious to see what you find out...

Finally got the issues ironed out in that gun. I just had to raise the pull weight. I got it 100% functional now and still under a 2 lb. pull. It's about 1 and 3/4 lb.... still pretty good, but not sub 1 pound nice like in the other 2 guns. haha. That's okay though. Not sure why it's like that in this gun. I think it's something to do with the shorter barrel and an effective comp on it. Maybe, it's robbing some energy or something. The other guns are 16" and 18" barrels, whereas this one is only 8"....

Edited by avastcosmicarena