Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Trigger - TriggerTech AR Diamond

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I'd throw up my impressions again now that I have a more meaningful amount of time behind it (roughly 5k). Turns out I will not be taking it out to go back to my ECL. The weak reset is no longer something I notice, I can shoot it as fast as anything and haven't experienced the trigger freeze I was worried about. The break, short travel, and very low pull weight really shine anytime you're shooting small targets and/or at distance which is more common than big hoser targets where I'm at.

It's the kind of trigger that works with you, not against you; that's the best way I can put it. I don't notice or think about the trigger press at all with this when I'm on the clock. It just does what I want it to do. I can't say that about any other trigger I've tried, except maybe the ECL if you're talking about hoser/fast stuff.

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

I've got 2 of these now (one in my PCC, one in my 3-gun style AR) and a 3rd on order. Love this trigger.

The ONLY minor nitpick I could come up with about it is that I'd like if the bottom of the trigger face had some lines milled into, it instead of being smooth, for extra grip (like the Elftmann triggers). However, I ordered some 3M stair grip tape and stuck a piece on there, and that makes it perfect... makes finding the perfect spot for finger tip purchase quickly just a little bit easier.

I also really like that they just have only one trigger design that functions in AR15s, AR10s, and 9mm ARs. They've designed it in a way where it should work with nearly all AR bolts.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

I've got 2 of these now (one in my PCC, one in my 3-gun style AR) and a 3rd on order. Love this trigger.

The ONLY minor nitpick I could come up with about it is that I'd like if the bottom of the trigger face had some lines milled into, it instead of being smooth, for extra grip (like the Elftmann triggers). However, I ordered some 3M stair grip tape and stuck a piece on there, and that makes it perfect... makes finding the perfect spot for finger tip purchase quickly just a little bit easier.

I also really like that they just have only one trigger design that functions in AR15s, AR10s, and 9mm ARs. They've designed it in a way where it should work with nearly all AR bolts.
See that's funny because I HATE texture on my triggers lol.

Finally bought a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and tested this out. I actually thought my gauge was miscalibrated at first, but I tested it with some known weights and it was pretty much dead on, reading within about a gram of the same object weighed on a digital scale... 

After using it many times just to get a feel for proper technique, etc., I decided to try the average feature on the gauge, which reports the average of the last 10 pulls. My average came out to 388 g, which is 0.85 lb.... pretty epic!

This is with following the directions that came with it, which say to use 3 clicks away from the set screw coming loose (the lightest it will go) to make sure it stays retained.

I couldn't resist buying this trigger a few weeks back when optics planet had a 15% off triggers code. It wasn't in stock so I didn't get it until today. 

The AR Diamond is quite impressive. Easy install, easy adjustment. I am running it as light as possible, of course. 

My splits with the Hiperfire Eclipse are consistently .15, the AR diamond ran at .14 for me today. I'm sure I can get that lower with more time on it, but honestly the the speed of the Eclipse was fine for me. The Diamond reset is not aggressive like the Eclipse, but gave me no problems. Its for sure more dependant on finger speed.

For long range shots or shots that require some precision this thing is gonna be awesome. The trigger is amazingly clean, crisp, and light. 

I'll be using this trigger at a match this weekend and will report back if I have any issues. If the Diamond proves to have the reliability of Hiperfires, I definitely have a new favorite. 

I used the Diamond in a match today. I Did have 2 instances of trigger freeze, both when I was shooting on the move. Some more time on it should cure that. There was no long range unfortunately, but overall I was pleased with The trigger.  

On 7/29/2019 at 5:28 AM, avastcosmicarena said:

Finally bought a Lyman digital trigger pull gauge and tested this out. I actually thought my gauge was miscalibrated at first, but I tested it with some known weights and it was pretty much dead on, reading within about a gram of the same object weighed on a digital scale... 

After using it many times just to get a feel for proper technique, etc., I decided to try the average feature on the gauge, which reports the average of the last 10 pulls. My average came out to 388 g, which is 0.85 lb.... pretty epic!

This is with following the directions that came with it, which say to use 3 clicks away from the set screw coming loose (the lightest it will go) to make sure it stays retained.

Trigger pull of 0.85 Lbs is incredibly light...  I have an SR Gold at 1Lb 7oz in my PCC with a Taccom Extreme bolt and I thought that was light...  I'm interested in the TriggerTech Diamond for my backup PCC...  or maybe my primary PCC if it's as good as you all claim.

What kind of safety are you using with the TriggerTech Diamond?  I'm using a Radian Weapons Talon 45 degree safety with my AR Gold trigger.

On 8/5/2019 at 4:13 PM, Blockader said:

I couldn't resist buying this trigger a few weeks back when optics planet had a 15% off triggers code. It wasn't in stock so I didn't get it until today. 

The AR Diamond is quite impressive. Easy install, easy adjustment. I am running it as light as possible, of course. 

My splits with the Hiperfire Eclipse are consistently .15, the AR diamond ran at .14 for me today. I'm sure I can get that lower with more time on it, but honestly the the speed of the Eclipse was fine for me. The Diamond reset is not aggressive like the Eclipse, but gave me no problems. Its for sure more dependant on finger speed.

For long range shots or shots that require some precision this thing is gonna be awesome. The trigger is amazingly clean, crisp, and light. 

I'll be using this trigger at a match this weekend and will report back if I have any issues. If the Diamond proves to have the reliability of Hiperfires, I definitely have a new favorite. 

It seems as though the TriggerTech Diamond is an improved version of the AR Gold triggers...  I like that it has the two snug down bolts to keep the trigger tight in the lower receiver...  The front pin rotates slightly on my AR Gold trigger...  Not sure it would ever wear out, but it shows that the AR Gold trigger isn't really solidly mounted with only the two pins...  The snug down bolts would help...  Also like that the TT Diamond is designed to work with a 1.5 Lb trigger pull.

How did you find out about the Optics Planet 15% trigger code?

Trigger pull of 0.85 Lbs is incredibly light...  I have an SR Gold at 1Lb 7oz in my PCC with a Taccom Extreme bolt and I thought that was light...  I'm interested in the TriggerTech Diamond for my backup PCC...  or maybe my primary PCC if it's as good as you all claim.

What kind of safety are you using with the TriggerTech Diamond?  I'm using a Radian Weapons Talon 45 degree safety with my AR Gold trigger.

I'm using a single sided V7 short throw safety. Feels super smooth with the diamond, but as far as I know most other safeties will also work with it.

45 minutes ago, RaylanGivens said:

It seems as though the TriggerTech Diamond is an improved version of the AR Gold triggers...  I like that it has the two snug down bolts to keep the trigger tight in the lower receiver...  The front pin rotates slightly on my AR Gold trigger...  Not sure it would ever wear out, but it shows that the AR Gold trigger isn't really solidly mounted with only the two pins...  The snug down bolts would help...  Also like that the TT Diamond is designed to work with a 1.5 Lb trigger pull.

How did you find out about the Optics Planet 15% trigger code?

I get constant annoying discount code updates from Optics Planet. Once in awhile THEY get ME.

I use the the cheap ambidextrous 60 degree safeties that Joe Bob's has for $15 on everything. They work even work with Hiperfire triggers. 

On 8/16/2019 at 3:04 PM, RaylanGivens said:

The Elftmann push-button style safety.

The trigger is, indeed, very light, but it doesn't feel unsafe or anything to me. I haven't accidentally fired it once. The little bit of 1911-style pre-travel helps, I guess.

Edited by avastcosmicarena

On 8/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, RAINY0DAYS said:

I'm using a single sided V7 short throw safety. Feels super smooth with the diamond, but as far as I know most other safeties will also work with it.

Thanks...  I had trouble with my first AR Gold trigger...  Originally thought it was safety related...  Tried several safeties and different PCCs...  Finally sent it back to American Trigger..  They found it was a defective trigger and refunded my money...  Bought a second trigger from OpticsPlanet and it has worked perfectly since I installed it.

On 8/16/2019 at 3:58 PM, Blockader said:

I get constant annoying discount code updates from Optics Planet. Once in awhile THEY get ME.

I use the the cheap ambidextrous 60 degree safeties that Joe Bob's has for $15 on everything. They work even work with Hiperfire triggers. 

Thanks...  I tried a few coupon codes from their web site, but only the 5% coupon worked.

• 3 weeks later...

I recently ordered one of these (went with the flat face), it arrived today, and I just finished installing it an hour ago.  Through dry firing only, I'm very impressed so far.  Huge upgrade from my Timney 3 pound competition trigger.  I'll get to the range with it Saturday for an official testing, and then a match on Sunday.  I'll update after I send some rounds with this thing.

On 9/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, Snausages32 said:

I recently ordered one of these (went with the flat face), it arrived today, and I just finished installing it an hour ago.  Through dry firing only, I'm very impressed so far.  Huge upgrade from my Timney 3 pound competition trigger.  I'll get to the range with it Saturday for an official testing, and then a match on Sunday.  I'll update after I send some rounds with this thing.

What kind of rifle are you putting the TT Diamond trigger in?

I put one in my PCC and adjusted the pull down to 1Lb 2oz...  It felt great dry firing, but went into burst mode when I tested it at the range...  Adjusted it up to 2Lb and still had burst issues...  Make sure you don't load up a mag the first couple of times you try it.

I put it in my 3 gun rifle.  I just got back from the range, and I hate it so much.  The reset is so weak...  I couldn't get past that reset.  If it were the exact same trigger with a decent reset, I'd be all over it.  For long range, this would be perfect.  Where I shoot, most of the rifle stages are up close with 100 yards max.  Lots of hosing...  This will not work for me.

Time to put the Timney back in.