Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dead C-More

blacklab

I was having a pretty good day of 3 gun until I killed my C-More. When I put my pistol in the dump bucket I must have caught the C-More on the edge of the bucket and cracked (more like split) the plastic around the lens. Does anyone know if the whole thing junk or can I send it back to C-More to have it repaired? 

2 minutes ago, blacklab said:

I was having a pretty good day of 3 gun until I killed my C-More. When I put my pistol in the dump bucket I must have caught the C-More on the edge of the bucket and cracked (more like split) the plastic around the lens. Does anyone know if the whole thing junk or can I send it back to C-More to have it repaired? 

I would email them with the exact damage. If it is a good sight that holds zero well etc they will probably rebuild it for a fee. I have heard so many different stories its best to talk to them yourself. Some have had rebuilds done cheap and others have been told it's a total loss.

15 minutes ago, Sarge said:

I would email them with the exact damage. If it is a good sight that holds zero well etc they will probably rebuild it for a fee. I have heard so many different stories its best to talk to them yourself. Some have had rebuilds done cheap and others have been told it's a total loss.

I was a good one that never gave me any problems. Thanks for the advice, I'll give them a shout tomorrow. 

Did anybody have trouble mailing their CMORE into the repair address listed on the CMORE website?

I just sent my slide ride off last week to fix the board/cracked body. It was supposed to be delivered Friday and the tracking shows this: "Delivery Attempted - No Access to Delivery Location" and that was at 9:30AM so it isn't like the drive ran out of time to deliver it?? I just hope it isn't lost. Thankfully I did get $100 insurance, but I'd rather not go through the process of filing a clam with USPS.

That's the address I used... 

C-MORE Systems
Service Dept
680-D Industrial Road
Warrenton, VA 20186

EDIT: I'm an idiot. CMORE is closed on Fridays and I missed that on their web page. CMORE just sent me an email, great customer service already!

The damage to mine is the dot brightness is about half of what it should be and the body is also cracked around the wind age adjustment screw. Can't wait to get it back! 

Edited by ezra650

Don't think they are open on Friday. You can only call Mon- Thurs. Sent mine to that same address and no problem. Fixed and returned with no issues. Thought it was strange not to have a RMA, but all went well and when I called they were very helpful.

23 hours ago, David Page said:

Don't think they are open on Friday. You can only call Mon- Thurs. Sent mine to that same address and no problem. Fixed and returned with no issues. Thought it was strange not to have a RMA, but all went well and when I called they were very helpful.

What was the turnaround time?

Called C-More today and they said $55 to rebody it with plastic and $129 for aluminum with a 2 to 4 week turn around. For the extra $74 I probably should go with the aluminum. 

20 minutes ago, blacklab said:

Called C-More today and they said $55 to rebody it with plastic and $129 for aluminum with a 2 to 4 week turn around. For the extra $74 I probably should go with the aluminum. 

Going on an Open gun or PCC? Every little bit of weight makes a big difference.

2 hours ago, Sarge said:

Going on an Open gun or PCC? Every little bit of weight makes a big difference.

It’s going on an open gun. I thought about the weight different but it’s on my 3 gun pistol, It tends to get beaten up more then my USPSA pistol. It was nice when they were the exact same but the added weight might be a fair trade off for being a little stronger. At least I hope so, guess I’ll find out. 

3 hours ago, blacklab said:

It’s going on an open gun. I thought about the weight different but it’s on my 3 gun pistol, It tends to get beaten up more then my USPSA pistol. It was nice when they were the exact same but the added weight might be a fair trade off for being a little stronger. At least I hope so, guess I’ll find out. 

Makes more sense for a mainly 3 gun pistol.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if CMORE will swap your diode for a reduced price while having it fixed? Was wanting to upgrade mine to a 12moa for steel. This week is the 4th week they have had it. No word yet, but was thinking about calling them this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Sent my CMORE off for a rebody. Turnaround time was exactly a month. 5/6 to 6/6. Cost was $55 for the rebody and $12 for shipping. So you are looking at $67 for a rebody. They did a great job and gave me some cleaning tips when I called to ask about it. Sight looks great and I'm ready to start shooting. Next time I send one off I'll wait 5 weeks before giving them a call. The website says 2-4 weeks, but the tech I spoke with said they have been busy since SHOT show. I'd imagine the turnaround gets quicker in the fall/winter.