Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 holster ideas?

I shoot defensive pistol matches at my club.  That's the extent of my match shooting.  I use a Comp-Tac International drop offset for my Canik and am very pleased with it.  

I like to shoot my 1911 pistols every other month.  Currently using a Fobus and am not happy at all with it.

I'm a big fat guy so any holster than holds the grip close to the body isn't ideal for me.

Without breaking the bank are there any holsters out there that I should be looking at?

Grab another comp-tac. Just got one for a 5" with rail and it takes my home built 9mm government with monolithic slide just fine. Was worried the holster would have molded slide scallops and not work with my non-scalloped slide.

1911 in a blade tek with the tek lok attachment. I think that set up would be too close to your side. You might be happy if you are also going to use a drop offset hanger though. I think the RHT double layer is a better holster, but it costs more and you might have to wait a month. holster.thumb.jpg.37a5289c8f528ae69de63f110caa8519.jpg

Edited by IHAVEGAS

Blade tech or Comp tech with whatever holder you want 

BUT

Get some longer screws and use 1/2" or 3/4 inch spacers to set the holster out from the belt attachment.

Box stores have poly spacers usually or even a bunch of washers piled together to get it away from the belt.

I've been doing this for years, it's a simple fix and the holster stays steady this way.