Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

627 performance VS 627 performance v comp

JAB

So i have the chance to buy another gun im trying to fined out which is the better one what do you guy think 627 performance or the 627 performance  V comp

16 minutes ago, JAB said:

Icore limited  ipsc revolver

Get the regular 5 inch gun then. You won't be able to utilize the compensator in icore limited or ipsc or uspsa anyway. 

13 minutes ago, alecmc said:

Get the regular 5 inch gun then. You won't be able to utilize the compensator in icore limited or ipsc or uspsa anyway. 

This is why I ended up with the regular 627. Too cheap to pay for features I can’t use. That being said, I’m considering a 327 for my second as the 627 gets kind of heavy by the end of the day. 😭

On 4/6/2019 at 10:49 AM, Mcfoto said:

That being said, I’m considering a 327 for my second as the 627 gets kind of heavy by the end of the day. 😭

Would you get a longer aftermarket barrel?

23.1 oz would be sweet if run light enough loads so your hand can handle 100-300 rounds of rapid fire in a day.

1 minute ago, LifeisgoodSteve said:

Would you get a longer aftermarket barrel?

23.1 oz would be sweet if run light enough loads so your hand can handle 100-300 rounds of rapid fire in a day.

Actually, I don't have any problem with the 5 inch barrel my 627 wears. I shoot a 5.25" XDm in Limited and get about the same geometry in draws and transitions.

3 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

Actually, I don't have any problem with the 5 inch barrel my 627 wears. I shoot a 5.25" XDm in Limited and get about the same geometry in draws and transitions.

Sorry, meant if you got a 327 would you get a longer barrel or run the 2"?

Cheers

7 minutes ago, LifeisgoodSteve said:

Sorry, meant if you got a 327 would you get a longer barrel or run the 2"?

Cheers

Sorry, of course I would get it with the 5'. I've seen more of those than the stubbies but I notice the ones in stock here now are 2'. When I visited one a couple weeks ago, I joked with the guy behind the counter that someone forgot to put the barrel on this one and give me a call if they found it in the back.

I just checked the SW website, guess what I'm referring to is now called the R8. I'm guessing the 327 is supposed to be a carry gun now.

Edited by Mcfoto

I have heard that if you run a aluminum frame gun hard you will beat up the cylinder stop slot in the frame, something to think about. also something that will probably affect some shooters more than others I see a number of revo shooters that do not pull the trigger fast enough for that to be a issue but there are others that will destroy the gun in too short a time. (yes Jerry ran on for steel matches, but I doubt his replacements cost him)

Edited by MikeBurgess

1 hour ago, MikeBurgess said:

I have heard that if you run a aluminum frame gun hard you will beat up the cylinder stop slot in the frame, something to think about. also something that will probably affect some shooters more than others I see a number of revo shooters that do not pull the trigger fast enough for that to be a issue but there are others that will destroy the gun in too short a time. (yes Jerry ran on for steel matches, but I doubt his replacements cost him)

Well, there always seems to be a give to get. No one would accuse me of "shooting fast," especially since I listen to Mr. Tyler and his "move fast, shoot slow" mantra, but your point is well taken... besides, it's not aluminum, its  "Scandium Alloy" 🙄. (I work in Marketing so know the game)

35 minutes ago, Mcfoto said:

Well, there always seems to be a give to get. No one would accuse me of "shooting fast," especially since I listen to Mr. Tyler and his "move fast, shoot slow" mantra, but your point is well taken... besides, it's not aluminum, its  "Scandium Alloy" 🙄. (I work in Marketing so know the game)

In this case its not about shooting fast or slow its about the raw speed the shooter pulls the trigger. So it is possible to shoot slow and still abuse the cylinder stop.