Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 35 conversion barrels to 9mm

phil plesetz

I will chime in as I just tried my KKM 40 - 9 barrel last night in my 35.

I'm running a 15lb recoil spring for 40 on a solid guide rod.  Granted I only ran about 75 rounds through it last night really quick the ejection seemed pretty weak with 147gr 130pf loads.  They all ejected fine but seemed like the brass was barely getting out of the gun and the slide was running relatively slow.

Should I pick up a 13lb spring when I run 9?  I will be doing more testing in a couple weeks to see if I really need it but just an observation on a really small sample of loads.

But the barrel shot great and the recoil was so minimal especially since I have a 4oz magwell and the stainless steel guide rod.  Used factory and Magpul mags.

Hello: I would get the 13lb ISMI recoil spring and try it out. If the ejection is still weak get the Glock 17 ejector. If it is still week get the Glock 17 extractor. You should be all in with the barrel for around $200 not including magazines. Thanks, Eric

I have a KKM 40-9 in my 35 and I have yet to have any kind of malfunction. I only did the barrel swap.

You can also use your 40 mags to feed 9mm. If you're shooting USPSA/IDPA matches then I'd go with the 9 mags just in case.