Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Accu Shadow Accuracy Problems

funkydstone

I have wanted an AccuShadow for a long time and I finally got one. To my disappointment it could not shoot straight, so I checked out the rifling and the fit.  I could not find anything out of the ordinary.

With 147 grain extreme at 129 PF I was getting 6 to 7 inch groups at 20 yards.  I also shot 124 grain Rainer HP 127 PF and got the same results.  It wasn't until I used 95 grain Montana gold and even then it only got 4 to 5 inch groups at 20 yards. I contacted Rob at CZ Custom and he told me since the gun was three years old and I didn't buy it from them that they were unwilling to make it right.   He offered to give me a factory barrel that would not properly fit since my AccuShadow has the Ausralian barrel. I DECLINED.  

Has anyone had this problem before?  

18 hours ago, funkydstone said:

I have wanted an AccuShadow for a long time and I finally got one. To my disappointment it could not shoot straight, so I checked out the rifling and the fit.  I could not find anything out of the ordinary.

With 147 grain extreme at 129 PF I was getting 6 to 7 inch groups at 20 yards.  I also shot 124 grain Rainer HP 127 PF and got the same results.  It wasn't until I used 95 grain Montana gold and even then it only got 4 to 5 inch groups at 20 yards. I contacted Rob at CZ Custom and he told me since the gun was three years old and I didn't buy it from them that they were unwilling to make it right.   He offered to give me a factory barrel that would not properly fit since my AccuShadow has the Ausralian barrel. I DECLINED.  

Has anyone had this problem before?  

To be honest, I don’t think it’s fair to say they’re unwilling ‘to make it right.’ It’s a used gun and barrels can get worn out. It’s hard to say what happened between the time it was purchased 3 years ago and 2 owners. Just my $0.02

They offered a factory barrel which *should* fit (I have a factory barrel on my Accu since the original wore out). You just won’t get the extra length vs the Aussie. And in this sport you’re probably not going to notice the difference from an OEM barrel vs. Aussie. Unless you do Bianchi or something like that.

I would try try a few more bullet manufacturers and play with the load (OAL, crimp, powder etc.) I found that certain bullets <cough> Xtremes <cough> actually tumble out of my Accushadow. 

Edited by Jayohee

Thanks for the input guys

I did have a conversation with cajun gun works and he was very helpful.

He told me that it could be 2 things the barrel was not fitted correctly or the bushing was not installed correctly.

I just came from the range and I switched barrels from my other shadow  There was a big difference with the grouping so this tells me that the Aussie barrel was not fitted correctly.

I am mailing the slide with new and old barrel to cajun to fix and verify what he told me.

As far as what the last person posted. The 3 year old accushadow was never fired until now and the company that made it would not stand by there product. If they really wanted to help they would of wanted to examen the gun to find out what was the problem but instead they tried to blow me off by sending me a factory barrel to replace my match grade barrel. 

The hole reason of having a accushadow is that its more accurate than a normal custom shadow.

I expressed my feeling to rob and he simply did not care. I plan on putting this on youtube (A before and after) What done is done I found my solution.

Just want to point out that the aussie barrel is not a match barrel its a standard factory barrel that had to be increased in length a tiny amount to make it legal for private ownership in oppressive countries like Aus and I think Denmark,  They were offered for sale separately as well as in the Shadows from CZ HQ CZ USA as well as other vendors such as CZC etc.  Nothing special about that barrel other than a less tight bushing fit because of the extended length thru the bushing,

Given they are no longer available a factory barrel would be a comparable barrel.  The AUS barrel was only 0.225 longer.  Others that got them it was a look thing not performance.  It is not a custom/match barrel.  The guns accu-shadow that got a match barrel was teh Accu-Shadow Black and that barre was USA made.  My guess is it was a KKM barrel but that's only a educated guess.

IIRC the Aus barrels were first offered in 2011 and stopped 2015 ish?

The barrel being factory vs match custom is critical to the value Rob@ CZC was offering in the replacement.  If I thought I had a barsto gunsmith fitted barrel and someone offered me a basic glock barrel as a replacement is very different from I had a 1/4" longer glock factory barrel and those are no longer available so the company offered me a free standard length barrel even though it was all out of warranty.  Apples vs Oranges.

A gun clearly out of 3 yr warranty on a second owner possibly unfired and presently lightly fired I think offering a barrel of quality and perf which is the closet thing presently available comparable sure seems like a honest effort to "make it right".  But then its subjective as I would not expect a company to offer completely free parts for a out of warranty item regardless of the use prior.  Maybe discounted rate etc.  As I said its subjective.  I know people that are never happy unless they think they are getting the business at a loss.

After all did not you say the other factory barrels from the your other CZ fit and had great accuracy proving that this aus barrel was bad.  If that is the case then it would be reasonable to expect the same thing from the new factory replacement barrel.

I have no doubt that when you get your gun back from CGW it will run like a sewing machine and put a hole where its aimed.  I would either CZC or CGW without reservation.   They both have a very long track record of fantastic guns and support.