Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arrendondo shell stabilizer for XL 650

alanm

• 4 weeks later...

Have a couple of thousand rounds with the foam attachment. Very satisfied, I also trimmer a corner off the leading edge and use some graphite to smooth it out. Spillage reduced 50% over zip ties and pin buffers.

If you shoot Major I strongly recommend you give one a try....thanks.

• 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...
On 4/12/2020 at 9:43 PM, chevrofreak said:

It seems to tilt the .223 cases a bit too much. 

thanks for the feed back...I was hoping the less than 10thou difference in case size would let it work...no answer from Arrendendo...I ordered the blue colored thingy from Phil Piazza at Reloading Innovations...will give a report when I have it and tested...in the interim, back to semi-progressive loading .223s on my 550...

19 hours ago, mososodbob said:

thanks for the feed back...I was hoping the less than 10thou difference in case size would let it work...no answer from Arrendendo...I ordered the blue colored thingy from Phil Piazza at Reloading Innovations...will give a report when I have it and tested...in the interim, back to semi-progressive loading .223s on my 550...

looking forward to feedback - I tried the DAA brush and it was overkill, tried to trim it and eff'ed it all up wound up tossing it.  I also tried a similar version to the RI one but solid black instead of the nubbed design, which again was too aggressive imo and tilted the case over.  I figured I would try RI's at some point but have just been using zip ties.