Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M17 slide on an X5

Tattoo

Just mill the X5 slide it wont be much to take off. I don't know but they say the bolt pattern is the same. Could always get a Springer mounting plate that will fix the X5 and the DPP. I use the Romeo 1 6moa and very happy with it. Tried the DPP 7.5 and never did like the triangle. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 12:41 AM, Tattoo said:

Any idea when this is hapening??

T

The pro models are already available. You only need to remove a small amount from the DPP. A co-worker filed the front of the DPP housing until it dropped in, he made slow passes and checked fit often. You will need 6-48 pitch screws and a .40" tall front sight.

On 2/28/2019 at 9:04 PM, Rudukai13 said:

Ding ding. No personal experience with the 6MOA version, but the few 3MOA R1s I've had have been flawless

I have heard of numerous failures and fixes from SIG

T

52 minutes ago, Tattoo said:

I have heard of numerous failures and fixes from SIG

T

Tat

3 of them, 2 with over 10K one on an open gun one on RX both work great.

3rd one I bought used ( here on Benos)  and was told it took a trip to the floor on while on the slide.

Had a few marks etc, worked for about a 1000 rounds and lost elevation adjustment/ Hold.

Wrote SIG on Sat evening

They replied Monday and sent an EXPRESS shipping label

They received it Wed, Confirmed they had it Thursday, emailed me on Friday with a return tracking# 

i.e. new replacement on the way in less than a week.

Yes I wish it hadn't quit working, but it did hit the deck with weight on it(slide) and worked for a while after it took it's tumble.

Sig replaced it ASAP with great CS.

I'm sold on them.

When the new Romeo3 MAX comes out I'll get one for the open gun.  As I don't lose the dot in the window on my CO guns but do occasionally on my open gun.

My opinion

SIG Romeo 1 6moa 

Leupold DDP

The rest for 22's

I don't think the slide will fit, unless the M17 runs the wider bull barrel that the X5 does.

I've had horrible luck with R1's. They are just not robust or reliable, in my experience. The latest was an out of the box bad one that was mounted on a new Legion RX I bought back in 11/18. Born on date for the Legion was 9/18. All 4 of my new R1's have gone bad. Some right away, some over time. They have been replaced with refurbed R1's that all have battery eating issues.

Edited by jejb

On 3/9/2019 at 5:38 AM, jejb said:

I don't think the slide will fit, unless the M17 runs the wider bull barrel that the X5 does.

I've had horrible luck with R1's. They are just not robust or reliable, in my experience. The latest was an out of the box bad one that was mounted on a new Legion RX I bought back in 11/18. Born on date for the Legion was 9/18. All 4 of my new R1's have gone bad. Some right away, some over time. They have been replaced with refurbed R1's that all have battery eating issues.

Um...No. Any complete top end is compatible with any FCU and/or grip module. If you mean the X-Five barrel won't fit in the M17 slide, that's certainly true. But as long as you're not trying to swap parts within the slide assembly it'll be fine.

Sig certainly had some issues with their early model R1 optics, but they've made changes and updates since they've been out on the market. As long as you get one that's relatively new, it'll be good to go. Personally I would also get the optional protective shroud for a little extra layer of protection from unplanned bumps and spills, but it's certainly not necessary

18 hours ago, Rudukai13 said:

Um...No. Any complete top end is compatible with any FCU and/or grip module. If you mean the X-Five barrel won't fit in the M17 slide, that's certainly true. But as long as you're not trying to swap parts within the slide assembly it'll be fine.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what the OP means by an M17 slide. I assumed he meant just the slide. But if he means the slide/barrel/springs, yep, it'll work.

Sig certainly had some issues with their early model R1 optics, but they've made changes and updates since they've been out on the market. As long as you get one that's relatively new, it'll be good to go.

You'd hope, but I do not find that to be true. My 229 Legion RX has a born on date of 9/18, purchased 11/18. Gen 5 Romeo1 was bad out of the box. On a new Legion! They sent me a refurb as a replacement. Great.

And the Gen 5's seem to be battery eaters. One of the many older gen's I had go bad was on my carry gun. 8 months of EVERY day carry, MOTAC on, full brightness on the battery. But it, like all of my Romeo's, eventually crapped out. 3 of my current 4 (one left to test yet) will only go 3 weeks in that same scenario. Yeah, they'll replace them if they have an issue, but they will send you a refurb to replace it, most likely. So basically an optic someone else has already had an issue with.

The best warranty is the one you never have to use.

Edited by jejb