Build Recipe for 2019 - Please Help!

2019 Recipe for Success  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which recipe would you choose?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D - please specify

The PCC world is changing quickly. I’ve been reading many threads on here, but frankly what was the shiznit a year ago doesn’t seem to be the case anymore, so I’m a little confused as to what would now be a solid recipe for a reliable/competitive build. I plan to run 115-125 grain bullets. I am right-handed and have a right forearm injury that necessitates a light build. Planning to slowly build this year and run it next year. I’m set on the Hiperfire 24C, and for handguard either Taccom Ultralight or Coda Evolution.

Which would you choose:
Recipe A Blitzkrieg hydraulic buffer, Taccom ULW barrel, Taccom Extreme bolt
Recipe B JP short stroke buffer (but which one? Standard, H2 or H5), Taccom ULW barrel, Taccom Extreme bolt
Recipe C JP short stroke buffer (but which one?), JP sleeved barrel (coming later his year), JP bolt
Recipe D specify
-----------------------------------
What I have already:
QC10 Glock-mag receiver set w/ BMiller magwell
Holosun 510C
Mission First minimalist stock
Magpul grip

Edited by Bill Schwab

JP bolt. Easiest way to ensure your gun is boringly glock-like reliable is to ensure everything that moves is JP.

I am certain other brands can run great. But I’ve seen locals have either rare or extremely common issues with the other major brands. I’ve never seen a JP bolt group be the source of someone’s issues, as long as you arent beating the firing pin to death.

Put a JP trigger in it. The hiperfire needs the heavy springs for the lightest pull and it blasts the firing pin like mad. Otherwise they’re great, but JPs run and run without that issue.

Safe “super reliable” build: QC10 reciever set. JP BCG and trigger. Buffer system and barrel you prefer.

I handled a smoke composites handguard this weekend. Very night and very light. But you better like a small handguard; its nearly as small as the cardboard tube at the center of a paper towel roll.

4 hours ago, MemphisMechanic said:

Put a JP trigger in it. The hiperfire needs the heavy springs for the lightest pull and it blasts the firing pin like mad. Otherwise they’re great, but JPs run and run without that issue.

Second the trigger.  JP is dead simple.  Hiperfire has more parts.  And, on top of beating the firing pin to death the springs forms a real nice cage to capture debris.  Not ideal for a blowback gun IMO.  I had mine fail more than once due to this.  Further, should you ever "wear out" a JP.  They will replace it for $35.

Recipe A

Until a few months ago, PCC weight was not a consideration.  My match PCC came in just under 7# and I was happy with that.

A few months ago I injured my weak side arm and hand.  Until I can build up my strength I have gone to a lighter setup.  Now running a Taccom ULW with Blitzkrieg buffer and Hiperfire 24C.

I hope to go back to my old PCC in time.

Edited by Flatland Shooter

Also look at the cmc ar9 trigger,  it drops in, and mine breaks at under 3lbs, crisp with a positive reset

i had a hyperfire 24e in my pcc before and pulled it for the reasons posted above, plus I really didn’t like it, instead of a crisp pull it reminded me of a glock trigger, a little creep, spongy pull before the break

Fyi, they make 3 diameters ar10, ar15 and pcc. (Biggest diameter to smallest).The ar10 and ar15 John will add a top rail, on the  pcc rail he can’t because it’s so small it won’t line up but you can add a mlok rail if needed. Mine posted above is the ar15 rail on my Pcc. Smokes ar15 rail without the top rail is close to codas in  diameter. 

Edited by Bwillis

How's you list coming?

I would recommend a 14" ish barrel with a pin and welded comp.

16" gets pretty front heavy, and slow to swing.

The really short ULW stuff is too light for me, because its lack of weight creates a lot more movement every shot.

(Plus I struggle with the idea of my hand out past the end of the barrel)

The Taccom 13.5" pinned and welded tension barrel I have now is great.

(But I don't think they make them anymore.)

Something similar would be a great choice.

Edited by Startingover
9 hours ago, Startingover said:

How's you list coming?

I would recommend a 14" ish barrel with a pin and welded comp.

16" gets pretty front heavy, and slow to swing.

The really short ULW stuff is too light for me, because its lack of weight creates a lot more movement every shot.

(Plus I struggle with the idea of my hand out past the end of the barrel)

The Taccom 13.5" pinned and welded tension barrel I have now is great.

(But I don't think they make them anymore.)

Something similar would be a great choice.

I just saw on FB taccom now have a 14.5 in barrel with pinned comp total to 16.25 in.

46 minutes ago, GeorgeH said:

I just saw on FB taccom now have a 14.5 in barrel with pinned comp total to 16.25 in.

At 22 ounces it looks very interesting.  I wonder why they decided to pin and weld on the top of the comp instead of the bottom at 6 o'clock?

Edited by Flatland Shooter