Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

R M 3 G Report

since i helped the shooter get the bolt carrier out i guess i could answer this question.

the tube broke inside the gas block, then wedged itself into the gas key on top of the bolt carrier. the shooter was loaned another rifle by a helpful shooter from OK, and was able to finish the match. the breakage occurred on the first stage of his match.

ZAK, do have a picture of the runned over scope? that was interesting. however the driver did the right thing and paid for damages right away, ain't shooters great. later i tried to get him to believe that the old shotgun extension and broken glass in my bag was a leupold MK 4, but he didn't fall for it.

We figured the gas tube broke at its weakest point, where the adjustable gas set screw entered the tube. I'm going to change mine out since I run full gas in my JP anyway.

Not related to the subject, but I caught this photo just right after sunset & rain storm after the first day of shooting :)

post-1513-1125334394_thumb.jpg

It was Jimmy's rifle that went south due to a broken gas tube. I don't think anyone was laughing at the 'IOR meet 4-Runner' incident since it caused problems for both the competitor and our RO. Hopefully we will get some help from IOR ;)

About the match itself, I must say that it was a pleasure to meet with you all. Everyone helped and no one whined about the mud and rain. A few shooters had problems with the 300 yds target back board due to mud, but we couldn't keep the white board clean...sorry guys, especially the iron sighted shooters. Lesson learned: Don't set flasher target in the muck.

It was an excellent match!

I'd really like to thank all the ROs, match staff, and sponsors, and especially John Paul of JP. His support of 3 gunning is simply phenomenal. We can't thank him enough.

Congrats to all the Division winners, especially to young Mr. Horner and his win in Tactical. That kid can shoot!

It was a good all around test of 3 gunning skills with a focus on rifle shooting. If you can't shoot and zero your rifle, don't come to Raton. The stages were all challenging and used the terrain to its maximum effect.

hey bronco, could you get a pic of the run'd over scope.

pacman, did you get a pic of your kill?????

did anyone get video of MR. miller missing his slug plate, or for that matter any of the team event.

as for my new friends mike .45 and gnomie, guys i look forward to seeing you again soon.

i really enjoyed my first RM3G, i'll be back, but probably with a scope.

trapr

Trapr:

Mike has video of my more than fast port load :lol: ( fancy way to say I missed ) it also shows some very fast pistol shooting of over 18 rounds, if you know what I mean :D Mike will e-mail it to me and I will in turn get it to you. Be good buddy! KURTM

pacman, did you get a pic of your kill?????

...i really enjoyed my first  RM3G, i'll be back, but probably with a scope. 

trapr

Sorry Trapr, no pic of the rattlesnake I popped on Saturday...plenty of witnesses to vouche for my 'excellent' marksmanship at a distance of 91 cm :lol: Hope to see you back next year!