Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ P10C OR cowitness

Nord

Does anyone have info on which red-dots that would give me some kind of cowitness on a P10C OR?

The question regards P10C OR. That is: P10C ready for optics from factory, and optics mounted with CZ's mounting plates.

From pictures on CZ's sites, it seems like the European version has a taller front iron sight compared to the US version.

What I mean with cowitness is that I can at least use the iron sights as a backup, in case of red dot malfunction.

It is ok, or even good if the iron sight does not line up exact in the dot.

I am in particular interested if someone knows if you would get cowitness with Vortex Venom and the European CZ P10C OR, without changing iron sights.

I am interested also in experiences with any other setup on the P10C OR.

From images on the internet, it seems like you would get cowitness with Shield RMS.

Id on't know about the P10C but with a shadow 2 I have been able to get a co witness easily with the shield RMS and the Vortex Venom. but I sue my S2 for competition so i actually removed the fiber Optic from my front sight. It was distracting and I find that I'm much faster without it.

I did not change my front sight. I had CZC mill my slide so I am assuming it will be similar to the millind done on the P10C.

the shield mini sights sit very low (I have an 8moa  on my M&P performance center 9L)

• 4 weeks later...

Adding some pics on my CZ P10C OR

above.jpg.69da4b053d03f665d491ea59ba47fca5.jpg

side.jpg.582d204c16b58021c9a7ef78531ff2f1.jpg

Here is how it looks with a Vortex Venom, directly on the gun without the mounting plate, since I have not got the plate delivered yet.

side-view.thumb.jpg.6d068c0cdf51ceb4b5c0b0c815b34d15.jpg

Here you can see that I have my desired cowitness, given that I could somehow mount the Venom directly on the slide.

According to my estimations, I will not get cowitness, given that the mounting plate is thicker than 1.5 mm, which I guess it is.

cowitness.thumb.jpg.34b14a85377df8966f9ba45693fa04dd.jpg

I think I will go for a Shield RMS instead.

Where has anyone seen the P10 optics for sale in the wild? I can't seem to find them. Would love to try a C. Thanks.

I haven’t found one anywhere. I already have a C and just purchased an F. I plan on sending both to CGW to have the slides milled.

Ok, I had a hard time getting hold of a Venom mounting plate, so I bought a Shield RMS sight.

I got a Shield mounting plate from CZ online store in EU. Really annoying that they did not include M4 screws to mount the sight on the plate.

2016726311_IMG_9331(1).thumb.jpg.2dc49a4c57fc01b636b6d9d9d60a7620.jpgCZ P10C OR, with Shield RMS.

237731253_IMG_9334(2).jpg.bb2bd87d0fd46623a9dc18aa92ea1f92.jpg 

CZ P10C OR Shield RMS, compared to Sig P226 Tacops with Vortex Venom mounted on plate from China, no milling.

Edited by Nord

• 3 months later...
On 2/24/2019 at 3:50 PM, Nord said:

Ok, I had a hard time getting hold of a Venom mounting plate, so I bought a Shield RMS sight.

I got a Shield mounting plate from CZ online store in EU. Really annoying that they did not include M4 screws to mount the sight on the plate.

2016726311_IMG_9331(1).thumb.jpg.2dc49a4c57fc01b636b6d9d9d60a7620.jpgCZ P10C OR, with Shield RMS.

237731253_IMG_9334(2).jpg.bb2bd87d0fd46623a9dc18aa92ea1f92.jpg 

CZ P10C OR Shield RMS, compared to Sig P226 Tacops with Vortex Venom mounted on plate from China, no milling.

No picture with the red dot turned on so we can see how it looks?

• 1 month later...

After considering the lack of workable iron sights with the current P-10 Optic Ready stock, I went with a P-10C from 2018 (91520), which are selling at great prices and will have it milled.  When complete, it will be no more expensive and I'll have custom milling workmanship.  The down side is that I'll be locked into an RMR base footprint, which I don't see as any negative;  I'm going with the HE507C-GR.  This will be my EDC.  My calculations might have been different if the iron sights were high enough to work OOTB.  Since they're not, it made custom milling an easy decision.

Edited by aflevine

• 5 months later...

Can any one measure the OPTICS READY sight heights for me?and i mean the OEM P10C OR, not the CZ after market kit Sights. 

im having trouble finding the info, and it would be awesome: i herd thru the grape vine:

Overall height top of blade to bottom of dovetail

.475 front

.560 rear

but the ones that came in the kit are all different sizes. 

i got a pair of after markets the shield kit, and they are

Overall height top of blade to bottom of dovetail

.475 front

.545 rear