Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Arredondo Pistol Mount

AHI

looking to re place the scope mount on my SPS vista short. Any body use this  https://www.arredondoaccessories.com/product/j-point-doctersightsts-pistol-mount/?attribute_pa_option=drilled

This would allow me to use a scope that i have vertex venom ,burris fast fire3. with other options later (Delta point)  Good mount or not. problems? issues? to universal to work?

Edited by AHI
spacing

8 hours ago, Bwilmot said:

Here is the cheely Set back with DPP. Also the DAA thumbrestgreat mount!!!   The Everglades mount is great to but it’s closer to the slide.  Might touch the round top slide.  

B8A71FAC-86C2-4B82-B0CC-B32E894A0D3E.jpeg

What grip are you using and what size are the bleeder holes in the comp?

9 hours ago, hump said:

What grip are you using and what size are the bleeder holes in the comp?

Yes those are 1/4 bleed holes.  I also have 2 5/32 holes in the barrel.  The grip is Sti that has been cut and trimmed on. With Dawson  grip tape.  It’s a very nice flat shooting gun. 

70EDA5B6-ECB2-47A0-9672-D078E46E80E3.jpeg

4 hours ago, Bwilmot said:

Yes those are 1/4 bleed holes.  I also have 2 5/32 holes in the barrel.  The grip is Sti that has been cut and trimmed on. With Dawson  grip tape.  It’s a very nice flat shooting gun

70EDA5B6-ECB2-47A0-9672-D078E46E80E3.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I just got mine last week and will probably run it stock for now. It seems extremely tight but functions as it should.  

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, funflyr said:

I have a SPS Vista Short. Does anyone know what the screw size that holds the optic mount in place on the frame?  I've been told that most open guns are 5-40 but these are not 5-40.

Troy

I used the ones that came with the gun. I think they are metric

On 1/16/2019 at 10:34 PM, Bwilmot said:

Here is the cheely Set back with DPP. Also the DAA thumbrestgreat mount!!!   The Everglades mount is great to but it’s closer to the slide.  Might touch the round top slide.  

B8A71FAC-86C2-4B82-B0CC-B32E894A0D3E.jpeg

I love that Vista. I have a Pantera, and the gun is just perfect. It just runs and runs. When I was going to buy an open gun I debated hard between the vista short, or a used Sti. And I went with the used sti, and I’ve regretted it ever since. My sti is a great gun don’t get me wrong. But the sps is better in every aspect. And now the vista short is unobtainable. Just a few 38s left for sale new.