Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm minor load

Adrenaline

Hs6 is way better choice in my opinion. 

I’ve never considered HS6 for 9mm Minor. Conventional wisdom says to use faster powders and HS6 is a bit slow. It’s a good powder for 9Major though.

Has anyone else used HS6 for 9mm Minor?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Adrenaline said:

Well I'm leaving all this minor limited stuff behind and just spent about a grand on all carver custom parts to go open along with kkm barrel and cr speed holster. 

Best wishes for this project bringing in a very happy 2019 for you.

16 hours ago, Adrenaline said:

just spent  a grand to go open

I wouldn't use those Berry's RN bullets for Open,

I'd get some PD or RMR 124 gr JHP's - much better 

for OPEN velocities with your HS6 powder - they

won't clog up your brand new compensator.

BTW, work up your Open Major load Slowly with

a chronograph.     :) 

Thanks to you Paul I hope you have a happy new year as well. And thanks to hi power jack for the recommendation. Is it that plated bullets are not suitable for major velocities? 

You know you guys, I struggled with the thought of "I cant shoot glock uspsa I need an all metal gun!" But I always have loved glock and I shoot them well. Bobby Carver has assured me he has shot many many 10s of thousands of rounds, if done correctly I should be pretty competitive with this open glock.

27 minutes ago, Adrenaline said:

1.  plated bullets are not suitable for major velocities? 

2.  I should be pretty competitive with this open glock.

1.  Some plated bullets (have thick skin) are okay - check your accuracy, though.  PD & RMR JHP's are Always suitable.

2.  Not sure you'll be "competitive" - depends on your definition of "competitive"  -  good to get started on the cheap,

but one day you might decided that a metal (CZ or 2011) would make you MORE competitive.    :) 

3 hours ago, Adrenaline said:

Well KC eusebio was competitive with one so I dont see the issue. And thanks for bullet recommendations 

...and Stoeger won with a Beretta. No one else does. 

Open Glock + Plated bullets. Just add a Serpa holster for the trifecta 

Seriously. Go buy what the vast majority of everyone else shoots in Open. A 2011. Doesn't need to be expensive.  Might end up similar to the Glock Frankengun. 

5 hours ago, Adrenaline said:

. Bobby Carver has assured me he has shot many many 10s of thousands of rounds, if done correctly I should be pretty competitive with this open glock.

To be fair he wanted to sell you stuff.

Hello: Nothing wrong with dipping your toes in the open division pool. It will take you as far as you want to go with it. Keep an open mind on what works and what does not for you. A notebook is great for this. I tested the Open Glock pool years ago with one I built on a Glock 17. I tested comps and loads and took it as far as I could. Shoot what you want to shoot and have fun doing it. Thanks, Eric

6 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello: Nothing wrong with dipping your toes in the open division pool. It will take you as far as you want to go with it. Keep an open mind on what works and what does not for you. A notebook is great for this. I tested the Open Glock pool years ago with one I built on a Glock 17. I tested comps and loads and took it as far as I could. Shoot what you want to shoot and have fun doing it. Thanks, Eric

Yes, we are all free to follow our own paths. I went G35 with magwell and Deltapoint Pro on the slide but am now in the process of moving it to a Carver Competition frame mount with a customized thumb rest being installed. Since I don’t reload, .40 S&W is the other way to major power factor. The money I didn’t spend on a 2011, which may not even be legal in California, is freed up for ammo and another gun or two.

Already got a G17 that is evolving into my night match pistol and am contemplating a Ruger PCC next. That PCC may not be as trick as a JP but a lot less expensive. 

As a USPSA Super Senior with less foot speed, slowed eye hand reflexes, fun is more important than delusions of winning. Having fun, beating a friend or my score from the month before is all I ask.