Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Primer choice looking for advice

Glock17open

First I must stay with a short statement, I am asking for advice on primers for an open Glock 17.  I just bought a ckarms 2011.  The Glock didn't like rifle primes, I have always used Winchester Magnum small pistol primers. I will be going to the range tomorrow, to test and break in the new gun.  I'm looking for suggestions for primers.  Will the CK like rifle primes.  I have loads several groups of loads for the new gun to test.  My load is 6.8 of WAC, 125grn blue bullet an all of 1.16.  I will be taking my chronograph. But I have a large amount of rifle primes. Looking fo suggestions.

If you’re going to use a lightened striker spring in a Glock (which is what I think you are asking) you’re going to need soft primers like Winchester small pistol or Federal.

I tried CCI’s but got a ton of light strikes in my G17 Open build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't found the primer selection to be very important in my gun (TruBor).

BUT, if you're shooting coated lead bullets in an Open gun, that will cause more

problems than any primer selection - they'll coat your comp unless you spray

the comp each shooting session and then scrub the comp.    :) 

I’m a little confused. Your first statement says you are asking about primers for a  Glock then your questions are about the CK.

My Glocks would reliably work with Federal small pistol. Never tried rifle primers. Winchester primers worked most of the time.  My CK Arms open gun has set off every brand of pistol and  rifle  primer I have used. If that is what you are asking.

20 minutes ago, AKJD said:

I’m a little confused. Your first statement says you are asking about primers for a  Glock then your questions are about the CK.

My Glocks would reliably work with Federal small pistol. Never tried rifle primers. Winchester primers worked most of the time.  My CK Arms open gun has set off every brand of pistol and  rifle  primer I have used. If that is what you are asking.

His post clearly says:

1. “I currently shoot a an Open Glock and it won’t eat  rifle primers.”

2. “I just bought a Ck Arms 2011. Will that blaster eat rifle primers?”