Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

"Everyday-Knive"

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's bizarre, Duane. Years ago I was looking to get a Spyderco Endura or something and the place I called to order it from was out but the guy had a few pre-production knves in with micarta handles that he thought I might like, so I got one of them. It was only called X43545 or something like that. I freaking loved it. After a while I wanted to get a new edge on it and have it refurbed, so I sent it to Spyderco with a letter telling them how much I loved the thing. They sent it back in 100% shape with a letter telling me that the knife had entered regular production as the Calypso Jr.

Then I lost it! Or I thought I did, so I got a new Jr. to replace it...then I found my original one :)

It sometimes gets paired with a BM710S or a CRKT Krawford Casper. But I love that little X234873 (aka. Calypso Jr.)...which I hear they discontinued!

- Gabe

for work (schoolteacher) I've traded in the SpyderCo Walker for a micarta handled Al Mar with the Hawk style blade, and a small SAK.... for most casual carry a Benchmade large Emerson CQC7... for special occasion a Reeve large Sebenza...

Well after reading this thread I went ahead and order a Kershaw Scallion w/aluminum green handles for 38.97 shipped. My dad gave me a buck 110, but I don't know if it is legal to carry in IL since anything over 3 inches is illegal. Can't wait till the knife arrives.

Josh

I carry a Benchmade Osborne for everyday. I was pretty proud of my little collection of Benchmade, Gerber, Spyderco and CRKT knives until I saw Lyn's collection: man, what a beaut! Knives for days. :)

Camillus has a new polymer handled, AUS-8A-bladed version of one of their assisted opening folders. It will probably be my next knife as soon as I find someone who actually has them for sale.

Lynn,

Man, I thought I was OTT with 30 knives, but you are THE Master ........... I'm not worthy.

I didn't notice any MOD knives in your collection. Do you have any? If not, the Dieter CQD is awesome!

70-MARK-I_1.jpg