Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Mark 7 Home Brew Stop Button

I bought one with my Mark 7 and had the same thought.  A bench-mounted button with more positive contacts would be much better.  I love my Mark 7, but found that a quick thumb press wouldn't always close the contacts.  Once I got past the learning phase I no longer need the button.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Grandpoobah said:

Hi Joelogic:

I made two using the exact switch assembly they use and a computer power supply cable plug that I did not use when building my computer - total cost $5.00 for the switch.

If you Google "handheld momentary switch" you will see the switch.

Grandpoobah

Simple as connecting the switch to pin 1 and pin 2 and then activating on the tablet?

There are lots of EMO (Emergency Off) buttons and switches on Amazon or Ebay with a big ol' button to mash.

https://www.ebay.com/bhp/emergency-stop-switch

Amazon Big A$$ button EMO review

https://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-reviews/R2J5DCD1GJUNVM/ref=cm_cr_othr_d_rvw_ttl?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B00MJVMV32

71v1pg2hGVL._SL1500_.jpg

However don't expect high quality industrial level parts for less than 10 bucks for a switch and enclosure.  If you're handy with tools, do a search on Mouser.com or Digikey.com for 'emergency stop switch' and for around $20 you can get a good quality EMO latching pushbutton switch, but you'll need an enclosure to mount the switch as it will be just the bare switch.

I dont know the wire colors off the top of my head but once you know what plug pins to connect it is just that easy. Wire switch to correct pins turn on sensor in software done

A friend and I both converted the dillon primer alarm to e primer sense switches for a couple bucks in plugs.

I like it better than the expensive m7 unit because it does away with the annoying dillon buzzer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

20 minutes ago, MikeBurgess said:

I dont know the wire colors off the top of my head but once you know what plug pins to connect it is just that easy. Wire switch to correct pins turn on sensor in software done

A friend and I both converted the dillon primer alarm to e primer sense switches for a couple bucks in plugs.

I like it better than the expensive m7 unit because it does away with the annoying dillon buzzer

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Hi:

If you plan to make a "kill" switch note that there is no polarity on the two wires - however, they have to go to the correct pins on the plug going to the computer.

If you remove the plug and look at it from the end that goes into the Mark 7 you connect to the top left pin and to the bottom right pin.

With the switch disconnected from the computer take an ohm meter and ensure there is no continuity between the two pins - then push on the momentary switch and see if there is continuity - if so you should good to go.

Using the switch that I mentioned is convenient as the housing is part of it but use care when soldering wires to the terminals - it is the finest quality available from you know where and it is easy to use too much heat when soldering the two wires in place. Put some tape on the wires to act as a strain relief.

I take no responsibility for anyone who tries this - I am only stating that this works for me as I copied an "official" switch.

Happy Trails,

Grandpoobah