Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Did You Do Today In Reloading?

mayassa

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Flatland Shooter said:

I get mine from a local farm feed store.  They offer the media in different sizes in 40# or 50# bags.  Less than half the price at a pet store.

Thank you for the advice.  I hadn't thought of a farm feed store.  That's a great idea.

Press was acting funny so I disassembled services/cleaned and lubed found the upper link pins on my 450 were borderline seized or at the least very dry causing a binding feeling 

now back to making ammo by the bucket full. 

Edited by Amerflyer48

I bought a "older 550B " three or four weeks ago and been trying to decide what I'm going to do with it. I don"t have much money in it so yesterday I called Dillon and got a number to have it rebuilt. Right now it looks like it will be set up for .30-30 Winchester. From what I've heard they do a very good job when they rebuild them and the press looks brand new when it comes back.

I've pretty much settled on 124gr for steel challenge using Sport Pistol, but I have  a few thousand 135gr Bayou to use up.  Loaded 30 rounds of same with 2.9gr SP and tried them out today during a twice a week practice.  Don't ask me average velocity of SD; I'm too lazy to get the chronograph out.

• 1 month later...

got my Star project done I think?

Dillon case collator

semi homemade case feeder

semi homemade Moon style indexer.

homemade adjustable powder system

primer tube holder is a 105mm from a ac130 that actually visited a terrorist supply convoy.

i think it was 3 sent and no one left to reply. a buddy from work gave it to me from his nephew in one of the planes. 

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

• 3 weeks later...