Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What Did You Do Today In Reloading?

mayassa

On 12/10/2018 at 4:11 PM, anbrumm said:

Prepping my reloading area for 3 5 gallon buckets of brass I am picking up later this week. 

Check out Brass Juice. I recently started using it, and have liked the results. No pins needed.

Wouldn’t the pins still be needed to make the inside of the case super clean and shiny like the outside?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I finished sizing, swaging and trimming this box of 5.56 brass.  I also annealed the last 2,000 or so rounds of 5.56 brass and at some point this week it will be added to this box, which should make it close to 6k rounds of fully prepped brass.  I just need to wet tumble all of it to get lube and shavings off, then it will get hand primed while watching TV this winter.  That makes for some very quick loading on my XL650 with bullet feeder.  

1224181509-585x1040.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/15/2018 at 5:56 AM, stick said:

seeing I just moved, I had to unpack all of my reloading components and reassemble my bench.  Damn, I didn't realize I had so much reloading stuff until I had to pack it and unpack it.

Suffered the same ordeal last June. I cast too so there was Some lead to move on top of all the RL Stuff. Only got a bench built 1.5 months ago but its better than my previous setup. Don't wish relocation and moving on anyone. 

ASemTtbaHcuD37JNYIGc1N-LWn1nuwynkXOPYqq_

But finally getting caught up on brass cleaning. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2019 at 2:49 AM, vwpieces said:

Suffered the same ordeal last June. I cast too so there was Some lead to move on top of all the RL Stuff. Only got a bench built 1.5 months ago but its better than my previous setup. Don't wish relocation and moving on anyone. 

ASemTtbaHcuD37JNYIGc1N-LWn1nuwynkXOPYqq_

But finally getting caught up on brass cleaning. 

I’m in the same boat now. We just moved 10 days ago or so. Moving is just the worst. So you waited 6 months or so to rebuild your bench? My wife would have liked me to do the same and focused on unpacking and all the stuff we had to do to the house. We moved in on a Thursday, and I build the first part of my bench on that Sunday. She wasn’t to happy. Now 10 days later my reloading Room is about 75% unpacked and setup. Just need to build another 12-15ft or bench on the other wall. 

At our old house all I had was a 4ft wide bench in the corner of our living room. Now at our new house I have a 12ft x 21ft room. So I’m super excited. After having to pack and unpack everything I can’t believe I was able to fit all my stuff on and under my little 4ft bench. As I’ve almost filled up this entire new room. 

Also added a dillion 1050 with a bullet feeder. I’m really excited to start loading on it. Here’s a progress pic of my new reloading/gun room 

F3E05A7B-9050-4931-B624-469DBBC7D643.jpeg

I got a used mark 7, attached a 650 to it and deprime and size brass.  So far in 9 weeks I’ve ran 38,500 according to the monitor.  Probably ~36,000 as it’s ran  empty here and there.  Mostly case feeder jams.

Last Tuesday and today I was out for the first time this year....shot a total of 500 rounds 9 mm and 98 of .38spl (why 98, because I can reload my 686+ 14x and have not a single round left in the box) - this means, I need to reload more.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I installed my Inline Fabrication Inline Rail...since no holes matched my studs, I first put up a 1x4" and secured it to the wall using 2 4" screws per stud.  Very nice... Turns out my wall is exactly 96 1/4" wide, so I'm going to order a second.

Qio%4qb6QluHCgk6yyBoiQ.jpg

Then I routed a space in my workbench top and mounted my Inline Fabrication Baseplate... Took me 3 hours... route out a rough opening, clean up with chisel and rasp... after about 2 hours of that, the plate fit, but was about 1/4" proud of the benchtop.... SO... Went at it with the router again, then the rasp, then the chisel... in the end, it was worth it, but lord was it nerve racking!

fullsizeoutput_880.jpeg

Pulled about 150 .45 acp. I think - actually, I am pretty sure - one had a double charge. My wife came down to the shop and asked me something, I guess this was when the mistake happened. Brain was a bit slow to recognize it, and it went down the chute.

Took me about 20 minutes to pull them - using RCBS collet puller. Was a good investment to get this. Later I have to resize them and load again. Removed the pin out of the decapping die.

Better safe than sorry!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pulling stuff together to make my own bullet lube. Got most of my ingredients from Wally World except the beeswax which I got from Hobby Lobby. Gotta go find a pot that I saw at a consignment store. I could do tubes, but I like the idea of the "cookie cutter" process better. I would like to do 2 formulas even 3, but the last seems to me to need more than 1 ingredient. Toilet wax rings are really sticky and it seems to me that they need something else to go with them. I just don't know what.

This weekend I had to clean off my bench to make room for new 650 coming tonight.

I had to

take all my excess shooting gear and relocate it.

load 400 45 230s,

load 400 9mm 124's.

remove my rockchucker.

Vacuum and clean

I only have a 6' x 42" bench, it has 2 shelves under and 2 above but  I think the 550/650 will keep me covered I dont use the rockchucker for anything but Grendel at this point and i could just move that to the 550