Akai 9mm Major

glockman75

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 11/27/2018 at 7:53 AM, glockman75 said:

Got the twins in March. I’ve had a great year shooting these blasters. I want everyone to know about these guns. They rock! I wish the folks at Akai the best and hope to promote a great product supported by good people.

I finished 16th in Open at Optics Nationals this year. Been shooting open for 2 years.

I shot in their contingency program and won a bunch of stuff and was united with other shooters across the country. It was fun being part of something.

Also met all of their team shooters and learned a lot about tuning the guns, powder selection, bullet choices, springs etc. Thanks guys!

75ef28469051577146645bd2819c632a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats again on a great year buddy! It's awesome to see you doing so well, kicking ass and taking names. Quite a trip from the old bowling pin & indoor match days with the Glocks, old friend lol. 

Hope to see you again some time soon at WAC or one of the other local area matches, Ian. You gotta let me try out some of the new Akai toys 😀

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 11/27/2018 at 7:07 PM, glockman75 said:

It was a good year!

Current 9mm load is this:
124 JHP 9.7 AA7 1.165 CCI SPP

Akai wait time depends on what they’ve got in the oven so to speak.
I think normal build time is 8 months, if they’ve got something in the hopper maybe 4-6 months.
I think it took 8 months for my twins order but they were 100% custom.
I’m not sure what kind of back log they have. They have some sweet enhancements that make their guns return fast and shoot flat.
I whole heartedly recommend them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is your gun a full length?

I had to use 10.0gr of AA7 @ 1.160 with 124 MG CMJ out of my V6 Middy Akai to get 170PF. It wasnt as flat as my HS-6 loads at 170pf and it was more violent upon the slide returning. 

On 6/27/2019 at 1:24 PM, Bravo_Victor said:

Is your gun a full length?

I had to use 10.0gr of AA7 @ 1.160 with 124 MG CMJ out of my V6 Middy Akai to get 170PF. It wasnt as flat as my HS-6 loads at 170pf and it was more violent upon the slide returning. 

From the pictures they look like mid length.