Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sv Frame Kits On Hold

BigDave

I rec'd this today from Brandon at SV

We have currently suspended the sale of Frame kits.  We have a tremendous back log on pistols that is growing daily.  In order to fill these orders we have decided to dis-continue the sale of frame kits temporarily.  If you have any other questions please feel free to call or email me.

Thanks

Brandon

Rats!!!

They ran out of grips so they have to machine them out of other materials or buy grips from STI. They made up a bunch before the deadline where they couldnt use the mold that STI owns but ran through them. They dont have a mold for the grips themselves.

At least thats what I heard and believe to be why they suspended frame kit sales.

Dave, STI makes the same frame. Why not use theirs???

I am considering it because that may be my only alternative. I want to use SV becuase of this silly little thing called loyalty. I have a SV factory gun that is fantastic and I try to use their products whenever I can. But, this time, with the time limitations I'm facing, I might not have a choice.

I want to use SV becuase of this silly little thing called loyalty.

I do the same thing, so I understand your desire, there. Functionally, they're basically the same, so... I don't think they could blame you too much, given the circumstances... ;)

Seems like they should have known they were going to run out of grips, or whatever the issue is, and forecasted that point better, so they'd have been prepared for this eventuality, and not caused issues for loyal customers, but... A company that does something like that to me more than once loses my business (and it's happened before... don't talk to me about Premier drums....)

i wonder if they suspended the sale of frame kits due to a backlog of new gun orders or if they ran out of grips and can't supply them with a frame kit. what's the real story. i always get a different story from SV when i need stuff,mainly mag tubes. the last time i ordered tubes i waited almost 4 months. i would call and ask about the order on a weekly basis and i was always told that the order would be filled next week, that went on for 4 months. i know everybody in this business is very busy but i don't like being told what they think i want to hear, just tell me what is really going on and whether it's good or bad at least i get an honest answer. i'm not saying that anybody isn't being truthful but there are alot of rumors floating around about what is going on and i think the paying customers just want to know the story so they can make changes in any plans for their new gun or parts orders. we try to be upfront and to the point with our customers even if it may not be what they want to hear concerning their order. :wacko:

Or you could buy a Bar Sto Guns frame.................................... :D

Where is apicture of this new frame or gun? I looked on Barstos web page and all I saw was a tricked out Springfield XD for 1500+. A littel more and you can buy an Edge. If there is something new I would like to see it.

We have frames, slides, fitted frames/slides, short blocks, and complete guns available which are a Lic'd copy of the STI.

The web site hasn't been updated lately because we are trying to get California approval and have been waiting for that to come thru. That and our web master is AWOL and we are just not that smart when it comes to web based thingies. However the web site should be updated within the next couple of weeks regardless of the status of the california certification.

If anyone is interested please feel free to give me a call at the shop at 760-367-2747.

I jused called SV. They have no timetable as to when the frame kits will be available, plastic or steel. I expressed my disappointment that (1) I can't get a gun built by them in a reasonable amount of time and (2) I can't even get a frame from them to have another smith build it. It makes loyalty to the company difficult, at best. Sure, timing has a lot to do with it. But, 6 months ago I didn't have plans to buy or build this gun.

I sent and note to, and received a reply from Sandy Strayer this afternoon. I suggest that any of you who wants or needs a pistol built on a SV frame to contact them. I'm glad I decided to contact him. ;)