Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Need help with case feeder attachment to pole

My case feeder keeps moving and is dropping extra brass into the funnel. The only thing I see that is loose is the screw that attaches the feeder to the mounting tube.

Upon inspection I discovered that the whole assembly is stripped out of the plastic.

Not sure how to fix this or what to tell Dillon on what I need to fix this.

Pics attached.

The first pic shows the hole where the metal thread insert goes and the 2nd is the screw and the metal insert.

Any ideas on how to fix / repair or what to tell Dillon I need to repair would be greatly welcomed.29e774d2984f49746e5f1f7019bf0cb6.jpg6a091c22a6921046511887df1b63c999.jpg

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

I don’t use that screw, I stripped it out years ago also

i use the bracket that came with the machine to hold the feed tube if you don’t have a case feeder

I attach the feed tube to the bracket, and align the case feeder to that

• 4 years later...

@ rishii

Will you please post a photo of your setup? Thank you, sir.

I have recently faced the same problem as outlined in your original post. 

ltdmstr (see above) has given excellent guidance. I used a 1/4-20 threaded brass insert with a 1/4-20 bolt, and that worked perfectly...everything is now stable and secure. This was easy and simple. 

Sarge (see above) has the ultimate solution: drill a hole in the support post and either screw into the post or drill all the way thru and install a bolt with washers and a nut. (I would drill all the way through and install a lock washer next to the nut.)

I'm not claiming to be an expert, just sharing a thought about what may work. Someone else may come along with a better solution. Hope this helps. All best wishes.

Edited by mpssrh