Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ or Remington

midatlantic

Interested in trying .40 SW for limited. Already shoot CZ shadow 2 in production. Not sure how much commitment I want to make to the .40, so there are two relatively affordable routes - get a 75b in .40 and buy the Cajun kit (I do the work myself) or spend about the same amount, maybe $200 more, for one of the new Remington double stack 1911s in .40. 

Magazines will be one issues - I'll have to spring for high capacity CZ 75 mags, which will even out the price, more or less.

Thoughts anyone? FYI I'm never going to be a GM...

Interested in trying .40 SW for limited. Already shoot CZ shadow 2 in production. Not sure how much commitment I want to make to the .40, so there are two relatively affordable routes - get a 75b in .40 and buy the Cajun kit (I do the work myself) or spend about the same amount, maybe $200 more, for one of the new Remington double stack 1911s in .40. 

Magazines will be one issues - I'll have to spring for high capacity CZ 75 mags, which will even out the price, more or less.

Thoughts anyone? FYI I'm never going to be a GM...
If you can swing it, the Remington R1 Tomasie Custom is great. Got to check out Travis gun in person this past weekend at limited nats. Couldn't believe how light it was as well as the fit & finish

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

OP- consider a CZ Tactical Sport in .40. 

It is ready to shoot limited out of the box.  May want to upgrade the mags if you prefer 20 to the factory 17s.  The SAO trigger is <2#s from the factory, so you'll save some $$ in parts there.  It does have a rather robust grip, so be sure to handle one before purchasing.  At ~$1050 new, these are a pretty good deal!

9 minutes ago, midatlantic said:

Given that I shoot a shadow in production and am used to the first trigger pull how much a disadvantage will it be in limited?

0.05 second per stage on average.

(0.0 most of the time but there will be that stage once in a while where you start with a really tough shot and take more time to insure a smooth pull)

Pure wild guess:):)

CZ every day and twice on Sunday. I prefer the 2011 platform over CZ/Tanfo, but I would rather have a CZ than a Remington. I'm sure there are a lot of people here that shoot Remington and they run just fine, but I have never seen one run without a lot of work and they are just flat out ugly guns imo. Since you are already accustomed to the platform I also think it would be a much easier switch. 

56 minutes ago, midatlantic said:

following up w another question. i see cajun sells a sao trigger for 75b. Is that legal for USPSA limited. Anyone ever done conversion?

Yes a SAO conversion is legal for Limited, one just has to remove the disconnector and swap triggers. If you haven't replaced the hammer already, that would be another way to improve trigger pull as well.

2 hours ago, midatlantic said:

following up w another question. i see cajun sells a sao trigger for 75b. Is that legal for USPSA limited. Anyone ever done conversion?

The gun I posted above is a SAO conversion from a normal SP01 frame, trigger from Armory Craft, CZ Custom SAO hammer, CZC Magwell and extended safety, and a fitted slide from a Tactical Sport...even an added thumb rest.  Still legal for Limited.

What's cool is that the TS slide that I got from a CZ Forum member was specifically milled on the dustcover to fit an SP01 frame, and the the slide is originally .40 caliber, but also came with a fitted 9mm conversion barrel so I can shoot both.  So I shoot 9 when doing plates/steel or other matches that aren't power factor dependent, but then shoot .40 to make major in sanctioned USPSA matches.

Edited by MoRivera