Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How to get rid of trigger take up on S2!!

JDIllon

I love my S2 but would like to get rid of the long take up on the trigger. I have been told the CZC or CG disconnector will due the trick? And that I should also put in the new floating trigger pin and lighter trigger return spring. I am not looking to spend $400.00 to upgrade the fire control system!!! just get rid of the take up.  DO THESE PARTS SOLVE THE PROBLEM!!!    Thanks, JD 

Edited by JDIllon

So if you want to decrease the long take up and reach of the DA, there are a few solutions.  Both CZC and CGW offer their own variation on each of these...

GOOD = new disco.

BETTER = new disco and race hammer.

BEST = new disco, race hammer, and reach reduction kit.

Once you have your desired parts, polishing up the action (on your own)  will certainly let you "perceive" a shorter, smoother trigger pull.  I think the money and effort is worth it.

1 minute ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

I'm just running a new disco and race hammer (to remove take up). I don't know if a RRK is really needed, but I've never used one. I've always been confused over the difference between the RRK and disco though.

The RRK permanently sets the trigger back in DA 4-5mm.  I had to get the RRK for my stubby toe fingers.  But I think it stands to reason that if the starting point is further back, the trigger pull, including the take up, would be less?

2 minutes ago, MissionaryMike said:

The RRK permanently sets the trigger back in DA 4-5mm.  I had to get the RRK for my stubby toe fingers.  But I think it stands to reason that if the starting point is further back, the trigger pull, including the take up, would be less?

My confusion was always that I didn't quite know what part of the RRK actually gives the reduction. I thought that fitting a disco would accomplish the same as the RRK, and RRK was just a convenient kit of different parts.

I'd be all over reducing DA, but I really like the S2 trigger.

1 minute ago, SlvrDragon50 said:

My confusion was always that I didn't quite know what part of the RRK actually gives the reduction. I thought that fitting a disco would accomplish the same as the RRK, and RRK was just a convenient kit of different parts.

I'd be all over reducing DA, but I really like the S2 trigger.

I have CGW's RRK for the Shadow 2.  It's a yuuuuuuuuge difference for someone like me.

I think you quickly hit diminishing returns when shooting at speed. I went from an Accushadow with a fully worked over trigger from CZC to a Shadow 2 with just a lighter hammer spring. Most of the difference you'll notice is when you're finger banging it at the safe table.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I had my CGW parts installed by CJ MAVEN. He ended up using the stock hammer with CGW disco. My trigger take up is greatly reduced. His price for the install and turnaround time was amazing. It be worth talking to him to see what he can do.

5 hours ago, robchavous said:

I think you quickly hit diminishing returns when shooting at speed. I went from an Accushadow with a fully worked over trigger from CZC to a Shadow 2 with just a lighter hammer spring. Most of the difference you'll notice is when you're finger banging it at the safe table.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

This. If you can reach the trigger comfortably in DA, leave the gun alone and shoot it. Lots.