Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New PAR times for 2019

FF112173

Zack was talking about these a few weeks ago at the nc state championship. Depending on your view of how the par times should be in relation to real world statistics and percentages of top competitors, I can see par times needing to be decreased even further over the course of the next few years. At the nc match we had a guy run a 69 in rfro, even when the new par for 2019 is a 72. Andnd that's not just a random sampling of the best stages he's shot over the course of a year, that's what he shot in one match. 

The par times look fair.  I didn't see anything that jumped out as a big change other than the 4 second drop in the rim fire divisions.  Times are changing and these young kids are getting faster and faster.

31 minutes ago, ZackJones said:

While most went down a couple in the Revolver divisions went up slightly. If no one ever shot at or below the current PST we decided to up it a bit.

Thanks,  I just made GM.  now I have to drop my training times and get even faster.  Don't you know that the older I get, the slower I get?

I think it’s pretty exciting to see the sport getting enough attention the times are improving so well.  Personally, I would have supported the 8 second moves in RFPO and Rfro and probably Pcco.  It’s far too easy to make GM if that’s the highest classification including the pros.  Gonna be a great year.

Edited by Hammer002

I'm into it, I like the idea of making the top class that much more special.

If I make GM this year can I get a *2019 GM* annotation? more bragging rights [emoji4]

I like that idea. I’m on the verge of making GM in RFRO and PCCO and almost don’t want to make it until next year just for the challenge.

Personally, I would have supported the 8 second moves in RFPO and Rfro and probably Pcco.  It’s far too easy to make GM if that’s the highest classification including the pros.  Gonna be a great year.

We discussed this quite a bit based on our review. Part of the problem is we did not do an adjustment in 2018 so our current PSTs have been in place for 2 years. Mike is very engaged in the classification system. It’s just going to get better and better as we collect and analyze more data.

9 hours ago, ZackJones said:

We discussed this quite a bit based on our review. Part of the problem is we did not do an adjustment in 2018 so our current PSTs have been in place for 2 years. Mike is very engaged in the classification system. It’s just going to get better and better as we collect and analyze more data.

So happy and impressed with the job you guys are doing.  This game is exploding around here.  Hoping to soon get some attention to the Midwest.  Rules heading in right direction too.  Great job Zack.

On 10/11/2018 at 7:42 PM, ZackJones said:

While most went down a couple in the Revolver divisions went up slightly. If no one ever shot at or below the current PST we decided to up it a bit.

That open time... wow that’s fast!  I better stop messing around and get M before next year?

On 10/11/2018 at 4:42 PM, ZackJones said:

Ironically, I’ve been building up my revolver rig.  Good timing for me, lol. 

On 10/12/2018 at 9:49 AM, ZackJones said:

I like that idea. I’m on the verge of making GM in RFRO and PCCO and almost don’t want to make it until next year just for the challenge.

I'm ambivalent.  All our SCSA matches are done for the year.  It took me the entire season to whittle 4 seconds off my total time in RFPO.  I got to within 1.88 seconds of moving to A.  After Jan, that will jump to 4.88 seconds.  Disappointing.