Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New to the CZ world

Diesel24v

I have been shooting a glock 34 in USPSA production division and decided to give a CZ a try.  

Picked up a Shadow 2 off of a member here and have begun shooting it.  The double action first shot will certainly be a learning curve for me but I feel I am starting to get the hang of it. The trigger on it feels pretty good to me and I am not sure if its stock or not, the DA and SA feel light to me from what the factory says they should be.  It has a set of LOK grips on it and they sure do lock in to my hands and they are almost too aggressive for me.  I am looking forward to getting some time in with it and hope to shoot a match with it this weekend if my holster arrives on time.  Hope to learn some things from you CZ masters on this forum!  So far it seems to like my loads that I have been shooting out of my 34, which is 147 gn blue bullets over 3.5 of sport pistol at 1.15 oal.  

Did the same thing myself this year.  Shot a 34 for the last 2 years, and picked up a SPO1 Custom for USPSA and IDPA.  I have 4 matches under my belt with it and absolutely love it.

The more I shoot it the more comfortable and confident  I get with it and now the DA is no issue at all.

I too have the Thin Lok gripes and love them.

Been shooting 147 gr Blue Bullet Flat nose in the Glock and now the CZ with zero issues with 3.2 grains of TG with a OAL of 1.135.

Wishing I made the switch sooner.

On 10/4/2018 at 8:49 PM, Diesel24v said:

I may have to give titegroup a try again with the blue bullets. I had keyholing issues out of my 34 that I could not get to go away until I switched powder.  

I've had great luck with titegroup...and that stuff goes a long way!

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, Diesel24v said:

I have been shooting a glock 34 in USPSA production division and decided to give a CZ a try.  

Picked up a Shadow 2 off of a member here and have begun shooting it.  The double action first shot will certainly be a learning curve for me but I feel I am starting to get the hang of it. The trigger on it feels pretty good to me and I am not sure if its stock or not, the DA and SA feel light to me from what the factory says they should be.  It has a set of LOK grips on it and they sure do lock in to my hands and they are almost too aggressive for me.  I am looking forward to getting some time in with it and hope to shoot a match with it this weekend if my holster arrives on time.  Hope to learn some things from you CZ masters on this forum!  So far it seems to like my loads that I have been shooting out of my 34, which is 147 gn blue bullets over 3.5 of sport pistol at 1.15 oal.  

What Lok grips do you have now? I saw you said they were too aggressive, I just bought a S2 and am looking at getting a set of Lok in the near future. Didn’t know what pattern they were. 

Thanks 

If you are looking for aggressive LOK grips, goes with the Bogies.  For a less aggressive LOK grip, try the Matrix model.  I like the thin Bogies on my competition CZ's and the thin Matrix gips on my carry pistol.

On 10/20/2018 at 8:02 PM, Mac_Menamy said:

What Lok grips do you have now? I saw you said they were too aggressive, I just bought a S2 and am looking at getting a set of Lok in the near future. Didn’t know what pattern they were. 

Thanks 

They look to be the G10 Bogie Gray black from the website as they do not have the cutout where the mag release is.  

Edited by Diesel24v

On 10/21/2018 at 2:10 PM, 45 Raven said:

If you are looking for aggressive LOK grips, goes with the Bogies.  For a less aggressive LOK grip, try the Matrix model.  I like the thin Bogies on my competition CZ's and the thin Matrix gips on my carry pistol.

I believe that they are the Bogies the G10 version not the palm swell.  They are plenty aggressive.  I have rough hands and they took a couple days to stop hurting after dry fire. But all seems ok now but I may try a set of the palm swells for some of the Shooting sports innovation scales next.  

2 minutes ago, Diesel24v said:

They look to be the G10 Bogie Gray black from the website as they do not have the cutout where the mag release is.  

Ahh gotcha, I have heard great things about the Bogies and a lot have said they are very aggressive. Have you happened to try any other grips out that have suited you a little better?

Just now, Mac_Menamy said:

Ahh gotcha, I have heard great things about the Bogies and a lot have said they are very aggressive. Have you happened to try any other grips out that have suited you a little better?

No not yet, I have been rolling around the idea of getting some different ones to try.  I really love the looks of the Shooting sports innovations scales grips and my give them a shot.  

Just now, Diesel24v said:

No not yet, I have been rolling around the idea of getting some different ones to try.  I really love the looks of the Shooting sports innovations scales grips and my give them a shot.  

Understandable, a friend of mine said that the path of finding the right grip for you is a long windy path that takes some a very long time to find the end of haha. I've heard a lot of good things about LOK, Henning, and SSI. Be happy to hear your thoughts on whatever you get your hands on!

I will most certainly share my findings if I get some new ones.  I honestly didn't realize I had the thinner LOK grips on mine. I have fairly large hands so I may need something wider.  But honestly the ones I have don't feel small to me.  

2 minutes ago, Diesel24v said:

I will most certainly share my findings if I get some new ones.  I honestly didn't realize I had the thinner LOK grips on mine. I have fairly large hands so I may need something wider.  But honestly the ones I have don't feel small to me.  

I run the LOK with palm swells and for my larger hands, they feel great.  I like the Bogies (golf ball like) texture.  I usually shoot 147 coated SNS bullets behind 3.2 of VVN320.