Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Rock Island.

m60tanker

The Taylor Freelance fattie works great. You will need base pads on your factory magazines though. If you don’t currently have a magwell I’m guessing you have flat base magazines.

I have a Dawson magwell here I may try it on my RIA. I never thought to see how close it fit. I’ll get back to you.

On 9/19/2018 at 9:22 PM, m60tanker said:

I have a early model A2 in 22 TCM and 9MM. This model does not have a flared mag well. Will a STI mag well fit it. Or what type will. Thanks.

The Taylor Freelance is nice, but requires cutting a good chunk of the bottom of the grip frame to fit it.  You also have to use aftermarket basepads.

0707181042-2080x1170.jpg

• 1 year later...
IMG_5532.thumb.JPG.7b1f3d7bf109f84c595e8be25c5ef3aa.JPGIMG_5914.JPG.f6d8032274953fe80764b4f7495239dc.JPGThis was my first 3 gun pistol built by Benny Hill , he used a Dawson magwell 
Do you know if Benny if is still doing work? I've been thinking about sending mine to him.

I think Taylor freelance makes a nice mag well and Hayes makes one

I know this thread is old, so sorry for the rez

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Most likely no. The shape of a 2011 grip and a hicap grip are much different. I'd go with the Taylor Freelance magwell. Ran one for almost 3 seasons when I had the RIA 40 cal full dust cover limited gun. Also I'd be willing to vet that STI gen 2 mags will fit and run just fine in your RIA. If not a couple shops machine the frame to fit them. I never had much luck with the RIA mags and extended base pads myself so I ran 2011 mags. Prasky Gunworks builds a lot of 3 gun pistols using RIA hicaps, and some limited guns and can machine them to fit 2011 mags if needed. These frame vary in specs A LOT so some need this cut and others dont.