Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

HS-6 9mm Minor Load

gerritm

Anyone have a good soft load for 9mm  plated RN 124gr minor for steel & 3-gun for my Glock 34 open gun with Alpha Wolf 3 port comp. Tried the recommended 6.0 grs to get around 1050 FPS from Hodgdon and chrono was around 1200 FPS. Way too hot for what I want. Dot was all over & harsh feeling. Light long gun.

Normally run 3.7 grs of Titegroup . It works pretty good, and is soft, but trying to get a little more gas to work the comp. Plus I have several pounds left over from my open major gun. Or just stick to the Titegroup.

gerritm

• 2 weeks later...

Being a light long plastic gun sprung pretty soft, I have been playing with some different light HS6 loads, from starting @ 7.0 down to 5.3. Not too worried about PF due to it being shot in 3-gun. Kind of liked the 5.3 and just loaded up some 5.0 to try.

Have not done any chrono testing, just doing it by feel, accuracy, and seeing how it ejects. At 5.3grs still throwing it a mile. Will keep trying & see how light I can go, and comparing it to my Titegroup load of 3.8grs. 

gerritm

Me too, hate throwing stuff away and none of my shooting buddies use it. Been doing some testing when I have time. No chrono, but just by feel. down to 4.8grs with a 124gr Everglade RN plated feels pretty good. Going to shoot them in a match and see how I like it. Dot movement was good and recoil was fairly soft. 

gerritm

I know it is better for major, but have shot a couple of 3-gun/UML  matches with 4.8grs HS-6/124gr plated Everglades @ 1.12 OAL and really liking it. Dot movement is good. I will use it until I run out.

gerritm

On 10/11/2018 at 10:57 AM, RiggerJJ said:

Whaaaaattt???

I use HS6 for both major and minor, works fine...

Your one of the few- look at the powder charge you are using for minor PF-

then do a comparison with like sport pistol- lots less powder- 

to each their own- 

Your one of the few- look at the powder charge you are using for minor PF-
then do a comparison with like sport pistol- lots less powder- 
to each their own- 

I use it for minor too. Falling plates and steel challenge in my open gun . Need a slow powder to work the Comp a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Scootertheshooter said:

I use it for minor too. Falling plates and steel challenge in my open gun . Need a slow powder to work the Comp a bit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

understand that-