Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Do it yourself feed ramp

4 hours ago, SJMPCC022 said:

The only reason I thought of that was an earlier post on here where someone showed the Taccom 5" barrels with the carbon fiber tube and the muzzle brake , sold with out an orientation pin to allow the end user to index the barrel for the muzzle brake.? ?

Actually it's a tension barrel that's 13" pinned and welded to 16" Called the Feather Weight.  The 5" barrel  doesn't have a brake attached and the shroud is aluminum and they are called the ULW Barrel.  Sorry for the correction, but I have both. 

3 hours ago, stick said:

Actually it's a tension barrel that's 13" pinned and welded to 16" Called the Feather Weight.  The 5" barrel  doesn't have a brake attached and the shroud is aluminum and they are called the ULW Barrel.  Sorry for the correction, but I have both. 

Oops, I knew what  I meant.?????

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:11 PM, Acer2428 said:

Don't wait. Break out that dremel, some sandpaper, and the polishing wheel and get it done. Pretty easy fix IMO. You've already done the hard/stupid part ;)

Well I did and here it is.

I looked at the picture of the ramp Max has in his barrel and it was much wider at the top. So I opened mine up at the top a bit and broke the sharp edge going into the chamber. I won't be able to shoot it until Thursday, but every round I cycled through it in the basement chambered and ejected. This was with three different mags with three different bases. One was an ETS with an MBX mini stuffed as full as I can get it.

I mentioned on a different thread tonight about the Glock mags having a lot of up and down play in my lower, I have pretty much gone exclusively to ETS or Magpul mags. This feed ramp may have a little more " forgiveness" if a mag is a bit too low ?

new feed ramp.jpg

Edited by SJMPCC022
spelling
46 minutes ago, SJMPCC022 said:

Well I did and here it is.

I looked at the picture of the ramp Max has in his barrel and it was much wider at the top. So I opened mine up at the top a bit and broke the sharp edge going into the chamber. I won't be able to shoot it until Thursday, but every round I cycled through it in the basement chambered and ejected. This was with three different mags with three different bases. One was an ETS with an MBX mini stuffed as full as I can get it.

I mentioned on a different thread tonight about the Glock mags having a lot of up and down play in my lower, I have pretty much gone exclusively to ETS or Magpul mags. This feed ramp may have a little more " forgiveness" if a mag is a bit too low ?

new feed ramp.jpg

?

8 hours ago, Acer2428 said:

Well, how’d it go?

I had to cut my grass Thursday after work then it started raining. Moving a friend tomorrow, will definitely try it out Sunday ! I also mounted my 45* dot tonight, so I have two things to work on !

7 hours ago, Steve RA said:

At this point it would probably feed a .40 S&W.  I'd stop about now and see how it works for a few hundred rounds.

I only made it a bit wider at the top, the picture is a bit deceiving. That was the last swing, if it jams even once I will index the ramp out of the way again and swear up and down the whole thing was for lightening purposes !

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 10:44 AM, Acer2428 said:

Well, how’d it go?

On ‎9‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 11:56 AM, Steve RA said:

At this point it would probably feed a .40 S&W.  I'd stop about now and see how it works for a few hundred rounds.

I got a chance to shoot today and it was great !

Probably 50 or 60 rounds without a problem ! Everything fed, fired and ejected as it was supposed to.

Time will tell but for now I think it was a good move.