Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Question about Holosun 510C

Because I have high cheek bones, my cheek weld puts my eyes low. I need a RDS that sits low. A Vortex Venom sits low but I am not sure if a Holosun 510 does. Anyone in a similar situation have any experience with a Holosun? It would go on a Ruger PCC or Henry lever action.

Bad news with the Ruger is unless your running a really low optic on a rear sight style plate its gonna require some sort of comb raise to get your eyes level with the optic. Its just the nature of that stock design. The good news is there are several adjustable pieces that will fix the problem for good and allow you to run almost any optic you want. Mines from Mathew Fabrication and works perfect behind a C-more.

7 hours ago, ak_tech said:

I have what sounds like a similar issue and I run the 510c on my MPX without issues.

There are a lot of different stock options on an MPX that may change this. The factory I beam stock on mine was very uncomfortable and had no good place for a cheek weld so I put a regular AR buffer tube and stock on mine which raised my head a lot from the stock configuration. I'm also running a 510 optic

6 hours ago, Gregg K said:

There are a lot of different stock options on an MPX that may change this. The factory I beam stock on mine was very uncomfortable and had no good place for a cheek weld so I put a regular AR buffer tube and stock on mine which raised my head a lot from the stock configuration. I'm also running a 510 optic

Thanks, I already run an ar tube with a VLTOR IMOD.