Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tony Pignato STI Marketing Director

2 hours ago, GrumpyOne said:

Tony is good people. I've shot a few matches with him and he is always ready to help someone out...and he's got a great sense of humor!

To be more precise he is more full of s#|+ than a Christmas turkey. ?

On 9/6/2018 at 7:38 AM, Sarge said:

To be more precise he is more full of s#|+ than a Christmas turkey. ?

^^^^^ But I guess thats what a Marketing Director is. If you're offended by profanity or have your kids along stay away. Just saying......

Edited by Brooke

5 hours ago, Brooke said:

^^^^^ But I guess thats what a Marketing Director is. If you're offended by profanity or have your kids along stay away. Just saying......

I know Tony quite well. We have told old Army stories to each other that made the others eyes roll many times. We speak each other’s language you might say.?

I can’t be offended by profanity. It’s just not possible. As a matter of fact I enjoy a good old profanity laced conversation.

Just saying.....

1 minute ago, Steve RA said:

Most ex-military aren't too easily offended.

I miss the language we used. Mother F'er is such a great word. It has so many applications! LOL It applies to something or somebody that is totally awesome or to something or somebody that is a POS.:bow:

2 hours ago, Steve RA said:

l was a SP/5 but was only in for three years in the ASA.  Even in that short time I'm sure I heard 99% of all available.

Spec 5? That was a while ago huh? I went in in 79 and at about that time they were phasing out the specs. I thought it was a great rank structure. Mess halls were ran by spec 7’s who wanted no part in being and SFC and combat leadership. We had tank gunners who were spec 5’s. Medics were all specs etc.

what did you do in the Army? I’d love to hear your story.

Thank you for your service!

058.3 - Morse Code Intercept Operator and another MOS for Voice Intercept (can't remember the MOS #).  Went to school at Ft. Devens, Mass. and then Korea and then Camp Wolters, Tx and out.

In  57 and out in 60.

Edited by Steve RA
left out dates of service

2 hours ago, Steve RA said:

058.3 - Morse Code Intercept Operator and another MOS for Voice Intercept (can't remember the MOS #).  Went to school at Ft. Devens, Mass. and then Korea and then Camp Wolters, Tx and out.

In  57 and out in 60.

?

In 2004 I shot the Alabama State match on a very strange day. Literally, there was snow and ice on the roads making the trip in REAL sketchy (in Alabama!!!).

By that afternoon, the skies had cleared and we were stripping down to t-shirts and actually getting sunburned. 

But that was nothing compared to this crazy sumbitch the MD introduced me to and said would be shooting on our squad. 

Tony (who I immediately started calling, "Yo, Antny!" ) had just processed out and was fully charged with piss and vinegar. I had more fun that day than the proverbial barrel o' monkeys.

I've been able to bump into him at a couple of matches since then, and though we weren't shooting together, it was always a hoot to catch up with him.

Tony's a good guy who deserves the good things coming his way.

He had a business called Velocity Shooter for a while snd sponsored a ton of shooters in the DFW area.  I shot with him at the  Double Tap Championship a couple times.  Just a super, fun guy.  I noticed on FB that he's looking for a practice range in the Austin area.  He told somebody he wasn't leaving Texas ever again......we'll see.

1 hour ago, RangerTrace said:

He had a business called Velocity Shooter for a while snd sponsored a ton of shooters in the DFW area.  I shot with him at the  Double Tap Championship a couple times.  Just a super, fun guy.  I noticed on FB that he's looking for a practice range in the Austin area.  He told somebody he wasn't leaving Texas ever again......we'll see.

I have a Velocity Shooter patch from his Kentucky days when I saw him a handful of times a year