Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

broken locking block

AWLAZS

From looking at the pic, the locking block and the trigger housing pin are broke and the the locking block pin is bent.

I'd ask, tell us more please. Which model? Round count? Ammo used? Correct ammo used?  Recoil spring set up? Mods made to gun?

At first glance I'm suspecting user error or ammo/pressure too hot!  

Is there any other damage to the gun?

Pics of gun internally and mag used?

Edited by B_RAD

4 minutes ago, AWLAZS said:

It a stock 2 year old g22 .40. No mods hardy used owned by a cop that only shoots on range day. 

Wow!  

Good news is Glock should replace it for free!  

I think on 40 cal glocks, that happens occasionally, i have seen it a time or two.  I was told (but no way to verify) that it is cause the gun was built around a 9mm and the 40 hammers it a little harder, but i thought there had been some changes made to rectify the issue.  But all that info is hazy (except for having seen one or two break) so take it for what it is worth

Sure looks like an over-pressured round to do that kind damage. I would check the trigger shoe and trigger bar for signs of damage. With those bent and broken pins, the trigger bar could have been tweaked/bent and/or the pivot hole on the shoe damaged. Check the frame in the area of the locking block for signs of stress or cracking and take a good look at the barrel and lugs to make sure it is ok and not cracked. It could even have rounded out the frame holes for the trigger and locking block pins when the damage occurred. Without seeing the gun, it is tough to tell the extent of the damage, so I am just pointing out the worst case to check on so it does not come back to bite later.

• 2 weeks later...

Seen a couple do that....  Being a cast part, there is a certain amount of porosity in the metal.  Let a couple of those "porosities" occur close together and you have a bubble, which is a weak spot.

The Trigger Pin broke and the Locking Block Pin bent exactly where I'd expect them to.

Like others have said, .40 is a pretty hot round, although I have seen this happen in 9s also.

If you don't want the hassle of shipping the gun back-and-forth, PM me and I will send you some parts for shipping costs.

Edited by Braxton1